cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

One to hang your hat on

There have been a  few of these media figures over the course of my extensive lifetime as an information consumer that you can "hang your hat on"  Edward R. Murrow, jack Parr, Eric Severid, Molly Ivins, Jim Hightower and for ag,Alan Guebert for a few of the few...an exclusive club.  Tiabbi has made it.  When he talks I think people should listen.  Exceptional balance of brains and curiosity:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/07/matt-taibbi-mitt-romney-h_n_1865708.html

Ooops...forgot Brent Olson Smiley Happy

5 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: One to hang your hat on

If the companies Bain were involved with were solid they would`ve had nothing to do with Bain.  Romney turned around Staples among many other companies and saved their jobs.  The companies that weren`t fixed, was not Romney`s fault, it was the previous owners that drove them into the ground.  It`s like if someone wrecks a fancy car that he owes a bunch of money on and a salvage man ends up with it to get parts to sell for profit, it`s not the salvage man`s fault the car got wrecked it`s the guy that drove it into a tree and totaled it.   Tiabbi says something that makes me think that he doesn`t do his homework, he said "Romney/Ryan want to end Medicare" I wish he would show the evidence of that???  Romney/Ryan actually wouldn`t affect Medicare for those over 55 at all.  Those under 55 can stay with Medicare as is or go to the new program if they wish.

Senior Advisor

Does that same standard work for Bush/Obama?  Hunh BA Hunh?

Ryans plan that was passed in the US congress advocate the voucher plan which changes medicare as we know it. You in your old age will get a voucher that you can use to buy insurance in the private market. Now I suggest you compare the medicare premium increases to the increases in the private market.

How is it any better to injure tomorrows seniors than to injure todays seniors now. You are not thinking  clearly or you would recognize how foolish that voucher idea is.

Senior Advisor

@kraft-t wrote:

Does that same standard work for Bush/Obama?  Hunh BA Hunh?

Ryans plan that was passed in the US congress advocate the voucher plan which changes medicare as we know it. You in your old age will get a voucher that you can use to buy insurance in the private market. Now I suggest you compare the medicare premium increases to the increases in the private market.

How is it any better to injure tomorrows seniors than to injure todays seniors now. You are not thinking  clearly or you would recognize how foolish that voucher idea is.

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/09/08/surprise-hhs-pilot-program-to-send-2-million-poor-seniors-from...

Senior Contributor

Don't you understand, BA, the only reason, they are leaving Medicare alone right now, is because they are hoping they can get a bunch of the older people to vote for it, it's all about the politics.

Senior Contributor

Well, 3200, one thing your website has right, it's nothing but HOTAIR! Why don't you check on this grandiose, questionable claims? Do you think this makes you some kind of hero? To post crap??http://www.nationaljournal.com/healthcare/hhs-to-send-states-11-billion-for-medicaid-pay-rise-201205...