cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wehav
Senior Contributor

Re: Only 4

Kleck, upon reviewing the CDC’s data, noted just how close it came to mirroring his own. The final adjusted prevalence of 1.24% therefore implies that in an average year during 1996–1998, 2.46 million U.S. adults used a gun for self-defense. This estimate, based on an enormous sample of 12,870 cases (unweighted) in a nationally representative sample, strongly confirms the 2.5 million past-12-months estimate obtained Kleck and Gertz (1995)….CDC’s results, then, imply that guns were used defensively by victims about 3.6 times as often as they were used offensively by criminals.
r3020
Senior Advisor

NOW WHAT ?  ?    Well now I guess we take away this young lady's right to defend herself.

snip-

Greenville County deputies said a suspected burglar is dead after being shot by a resident who discovered the intruder Friday morning.

Deputies said they were called to an apartment complex on Easterlin Way just after 8 a.m. after a person living there came home and found the suspect in the home.

“The resident fired at least one round and retreated outside to call and await law enforcement response,” Investigator Sean Zukowsky said in an email.

Deputies arrived and Zukowsky said they found the suspect dead in the master bedroom closet.

The victim's uncle said the suspect had been stalking his niece and had made threats against her in the past. 

“He couldn’t accept that ‘no means no,” Douglas Sweeney said.

Sweeney said his niece works at a night club and had previous encounters with the suspect while working.

Sweeney said the woman had just returned home from taking her children to school and found the man in her closet. He said he's grateful his niece is an armed CWP holder or he fears the morning may have had a different outcome.

“I’m glad she had it, because there is no telling what this joker would have done," Sweeney said.

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/38003408/deputies-person-came-home-to-find-burglar-inside-fatally-s...

k-289
Senior Advisor

Self   defense  issue ,  C  W  P  in  tact ,  fine  -  although  where  does  the  A R  15   model  fit  into  this  equation ?  ?   

I'm  not  sure  I  would  be  welcome  at  Sunday  services  with  my  30-30 sling  attached  over  my  shoulder - - -

The   A R   being  the   bull  in  the  china  closet,  and  the  lame  excuse  for  this  latest  shooter  rights - murderer  individual  being, that  out  ways  the  innocent  clientele ? ?     ?  ?    

r3020
Senior Advisor

Those who wish to re-write the second amendment don't want just the AR15, they want all semi-automatic weapons.......all.....of.......them.....now let that soak in for a while..........and then ask yourself why  ?   ?

k-289
Senior Advisor

How  do  you  C  W  P,   an  A R   ?  ?

Going  to  a  restaurant  is  not  an  inalienable  right,  without  a  troop  force  present ?  

Lets  allow  legislation  then  where  ALL  citizens - patrons  are  required  to  have  firearms,  and  save  our  expenditure$  on  law  enforcement .  Self  rule  of  law  having  ALL  of  US  protect  ourselves  from  each  other - A R's  for  everybody  -  UN -LESSSSS  ?         

k-289
Senior Advisor

As   I  stated  a  minority  - gentleman, '' un-armed  HERO'',  who  attended  church  on  Sunday , a  blessed  gentleman  - - - 

- - -    fatalities  3 black,  1  Hispanic  - - -  seems  interesting   -  no  N R A   comments,  no  Commander in Chief  tweets  ?

Leaves  me  asking  if   this  would  have  a  bit  more  slant ,  if  the  print   were  otherwise  ?  ?     

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

No, it just proves, 3020 can't keep up!

AGAIN!! 

r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: No, it just proves, 3020 can't keep up!

Well GTO, I may not agree with 289 but he sure can make an intelligent argument without throwing insults.