cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: You aren't serious, are you?

You'd like him to say that the insurance reform act was a mistake. It was. He should say...apologize for actually....that it was a mistake. That he should have held out for single payer, which most of the public wants, particularly more so now than at the time of passage. All of those polls that say they aren't happy with it? Are you sure you want to know why? Are you confident that if it were opened up and re-addressed that it would simply result in repeal?

And then admitt o wahat a grand mistake it was to keep all of those Milton Freidman and Alan Greenspan clones liek Geithner, Rubin, Summers etc on at Treasury and as economic advisors? That would be most wecome.

And dress down and expose a corrupt and bought and paid for Congress and confess to having been caught up himself  in that same fly trap? I'd like that.

For to satisfy, of course, what the TP has become once it was primairly populated by social extremists and funded by top end self-preservation minded economic and industrial elites, he'd have to summarily repeal by executive order R v. W and The Clean Air Act and summarily, in the same fashion, essentially dismantle govenement. There are millions of Democrat and others who voted for him who are extremely disapointed in him, myself notably among them, but not for no thaving done those things.

Highlighted
Advisor

Re: Only a couple of hours old

Saw that on kd's forum yesterday, pretty **bleep** good. I liked the way it appeared he was taking the heads off the partisan news hoes. Comes to nothing though, the president is every bit as much bought as congress, he is part of the extraction process. Why don't you guys run a primary challenge? The investment bank idea is interesting, but I don't like the implementations I've heard.
Advisor

Saw it there along with numerous other places and on the daily recording I make of DR every day.

I'm surprised the KD linked it. Not so much in keeping with where he is otherwise. He's become adamant about reducing everything to primary material and laying low, so not clear on how it is he feels about Ratigan's activist position. But, good, the more who see it.

As for those "implementation" pieces, I've not really seen any proposals. Can you direct us to something? I'm guessing that your cultural conservative roots would have you rather narrowly focused. I can respect that, but I doubt it would turn out that way. Problaby would turn out to be in the end a swap meet between teh crony capitalists and the social engineers, as it has exclusively been since 1982 or so.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

O`care was rammed in with NO Gop input or support, now we have something that Dems run away form and GOPers proudly announce "I WILL REPEAL OBAMACARE!!!!!!!!".  All that and now you say libbies hate it cause it isn`t `single payer`.  In other words Obama squandered all the blue sky political capital he came in with on a Dud.  The social issues that Obama stirred the hornet`s nest with has ruined alot of positive things he could have done for the economy, when those you have to work with hate you...you are done.  Independents aren`t as far left as he has taken this country socially, if he hadn`t skewered the economy perhaps he wouldn`t have lost them. The Tea Party has always been fiscally Conservative, as it grew it`s only natural that social Conservatives would snuff out the handfull of cultural deviants that also have tight purse strings.  If you guys are so upset about Baggers, start your own Tea Party made up of pro gay, gun haters. For all the members you draw you`ll be able to hold meetings in a phone booth.  Ron Paul has said that previous generations weren`t necessarially more moral than we are today, it`s just that in olden days society wouldn`t put up with their cost shifting the effects of their animal-like behavior  to the taxpayers.  That`s very true, when people have to do physical labor, they do a better job of watching their dollars. 

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

You don't hear his passion against federal spending gone wild? That is what the tea party folks are all about. He screamed more than once all the spending must stop. Unnecessary spending that is.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Darn good topic and posts also. I fell into that "category" whereas it wasn't that I didn't like Obama or what he was proposing(although it seemed that he was saying the things that people wanted and needed to hear)but I just didn't like who was surrounding him but in the shadows, and my intuition was right. I had even given McCain a thorough consideration but when Palin came into the picture, that's what killed it for me and apparently many others.

So, when the whole tea party thing came about, I actually gave it some serious consideration because of maybe desperation. But then that when the corporate shills and money quickly jumped in to co-opt the whole thing and sadly right away it became a way to pander to the base of the right wing or the die-hard right wing extremists. Nobody can win any election at the national level without independents, but yet they chose to pander to the right's base, which brought in every form or type of crazy zealot like you mentioned. I guess that I won't let my desperation, or that I'm so disgusted and exhausted with the status-quo undermine my rationality or logic. Using hot-button issues like gay marriage and abortion won't coerce me(us) enough to go against my(our) own interests or beliefs, just to be manipulated by the top 10% of income people of this country for their continued gains.

Highlighted
Advisor

You're certainly not equating the use of the word "exraction", which he uses over and over and has been the primary theme of his program's interviews and presentations for months now since moving to the slot he's in with his own show, with "spending" are you?

The context he uses for extraction deals with crony capitalism and the "making" of winners, of manipulating the tax code to allow those elite "winners" of the big cronyism jackpot with avoidance and the failure of the administration and Congress to insist upon and act on the clawing back of assets acheived through larceny, made to appear legal by our leadership of the past couple of decades. Including the current set, in all 3 branches.

Nothing about spending as such in there that I heard.

JFS&Gs,  google the rant and go to some of the sites it's been linked at and read some of the comments there.  You will find some of the most thoroughly thought out comments you've ever had available to you. From both sides, but it seems mostly from the center.

Highlighted
Highlighted
Advisor

Depends upon whether or not in this highly cynical society, with so many so well skilled at being the beneficiaries of cronyism if the danged thing could be run on and maintain any integrity.

First things first and that would be to find out if there was anybody in the high reaches of the public or private sector who could even identify what that was, or relate to what it meant.

And I desperately fear that the far right of **bleep** social right and the far left of the utopian victim's dream world would make a science out of jamming spikes and rods into the gears.  

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

I watched his rant, and agree that there is nothing specific in it about cutting spending, or anything to support the tea party views, outside of rage at what is going on. THe rage would be the common ground.

Where is the commentary on the tens of trillions of dollars of wealth that are being extracted from the USA, like a banana republic, and taken to foreign entities? THis is a story that needs to be told, and the dots should be connected.

A totally separate subject than the relative amount of social spending and tax subsidies for US residents.

Is he referencing foreign aid, off shore trust accounts, such as the ones used by Ted Kennedy and Mark Dayton, banking aid to prop up bad paper in Europe and others?

Or, on the other side, how about how the USA is actually extracting wealth from other nations by keeping the cost of borrowing near zero, while the value of the dollar keeps sliding to lower levels, in essence, taking the money of anyone foolish enough to save?

Forbes was on TV this morning predicting a return to a gold backed dollar. I can't see how that has any realistic chance as the USA attempts to print its way out of the debt problems.

Get ready for $50,000 per acre land.