cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Our Next POTUS

Been away from the news for a week , actually almost two weeks, and after catching up I have come to the conclusion that Mitt Romney will in all likelihood be the next American President. I was curious as to what this guy would do and what his policies would be so I went to his website, and read what was there in certain areas. I read about 40 pages of text on his foreign policy and really did not find anything there that any member of Israel's leadership would not have ghostwritten. If anyone thought Bush Jr., or Obama, or Hillary, or etc was bought and paid for by AIPAC , they will most certainly find that Romney is going to be the next Zionist president. Allegiance to Israel, by name, is cited at least a dozen times. No wonder Romney has a formidable war chest that will undoubtably derail any other possible contenders.

A vote for Mitt Romney is almost certainly a vote for more of the constant America at War scenario that we have seen played out for the last couple of decades. How we got to where we are in American Politics and how we ever get out of this quagmire is for much sharper minds than mine to dissect and argue about. All I know is where the trajectory is leading and the next step is to prepare to adjust to the Romney years.

Some things about Romney will be undoubtably good...the man will not be a dupe like Obama when it comes to understanding money and human nature. He will be pro-business so that we may see a less restrictive business environment which eventually leads to job growth. Newt Ginrich has framed the 2012 race as being that of a   jobs President vs. a food stamp president and I believe this scenario helps Romney a lot in the next months as he secures the nomination.

23 Replies
Papa Wheelie
Senior Contributor

Re: Our Next POTUS

Romney is just a Republican version of John Kerry. Scratch the surface and it is a cover.

He was for the auto bailout before he was against it.

Abuses by venture capitalists helped set up the Too-Big-To-Fail Bailout when Wall Street was faced with insolvency. 

Obama's just Bush-lite, a flavor the people seem to favor.

But as the sensei says, we shall see.

Hawken Cougar
Senior Contributor

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

I am not saying that I support Mitt Romney nor pledging to vote for him, just giving my honest opinion on where I see this race going. It is like playing basketball and knowing that a shot is going to miss but positioning myself for the rebound, and hoping to score  some points on the rebound. THe real bad thing about this is that this is not a game, and we may continue so messed up that even making a few more million means nothing..that everyoine loses everything when the sun goes down.

I don't feel comfortable with Romney, but see him as a superior product to Obama. It is all relative. If all the food stinks, you eventually eat the stuff that has the least offensive smell to it.

rawhide
Advisor

the least offensive smell--THEY ALL STINK !

gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

I will outline some blatant discrepancies in yur post.

be the next American President   -  I wouldn't be so sure about that.  There is nothing to indicate it so far.

will not be a dupe like Obama when it comes to understanding money and human nature.  -   Clearly you have not read much about Obama who doesn't fit that mould.  It is ignorant to think the president makes all those decisions by himself which of course says a lot for ignorance, in general, about how a country operates.

I cannot understand why "senior contributors" rational, mature human beings on this forum cannot acknowledge and accept how the huge deficit you have was not the sole creation of Obama.  You are lacking undestanding of the egotistical mindset of the US, not to mention the unswerving desire to control Oil all over the world.  Why can't you eggheads see that.   All the waffling about the coming defeat of Obama is wishful thinking, based on nothing but hatred and paranoia.  Then you wonder why the rest of the world is critical of your international foreign policy.  Forums like this do nothing to further the cause of democracy worldwide when so much of the comment is right wing nut speech, spewing out like a volcanic eruption from the mouths and minds of ignorant wanna be's.   Take Craig's recent blast about how he would treat dead taliban after following the Pied Piper into the depths of such sorrowful, blatant, disgusting exhibition by your marines.  He wants to continue this each and every time "the enemy" is killed.   He pretty well sums the whole attitude on here.

gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

But your repig mates stink a little less ay?  Yeah, I thought so.

dagwud
Senior Contributor

Gough, after reading your post it baffles me why you back Obama and at the same time slander, lie and poke fun of Ron Paul.

You constantly complain about our foreign policy while at the same time running down Ron Paul who's views on foreign policy appear to much more in line with yours then Obama's who appears to be a continuation of many of the Bush policies.   Since becoming POTUS Obama has now embraced the Patriot Act, changed his tune on closing GITMO and holding civilian trials for terrorists.   Obama no longer seems concerned about indefinite detention of terrorist subjects and has recently signed into law the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) which allows the military to arrest and indefinitely detain American terrorist subjects.  Obama has greatly increased the use of Predator drone air strikes which have a tendency of of killing innocent folks in the wrong place at the wrong time. 

While candidate Obama ran on the idea of bringing our troops home he was not afraid to get our military involved in Libya without Congressional approval even though Libya and Kaddafi posed no threat to our country.   He claims he did so for humanitarian reasons and to stop the killing of civilians yet other countries such as Yemen have seen a far greater loss of civilian lives then we saw in Libya and Obama sees no reason to get involved militarily. 

As a presidential candidate Obama pledged to bring our troops home yet as president he sent two additional brigades to Afghanistan.

Ron Paul has been straight forward about his belief that the government should not be involved in marriages and that he believes people should be able to marry whom ever they want.  Obama once again after getting elected has altered his message on gay marriage just as he has done on gun control.   This has upset many Dems that voted for Obama as they know this was done solely to help Obama get re-elected.  While I know that Ron Paul if elected would never get many of his ideas implemented I am certain he would not be as big of sell out as Obama has been. 

I do give Obama high marks for now wanting to consolidate the federal government.   In a move similar to Bill Clinton's move to the middle Obama can now help neutralize Repubs calls for smaller government.  Smart move on the part of both Dem POTUS's to help them get re-elected.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Gouch is a big government liberal here to stir the pot for his own entertainment. It's fun to jerk his chain once in a while but a total waste of time and energy to get into an in depth discussion with him because he is not serious. Besides, we all know better than to go up against the smartest blogger on the blog because his superior knowledge will make us look like fools.

HEE, HEE, HEE.

dagwud
Senior Contributor

r3020, I have noticed Gough prefers repeated name calling over debating or answering legitimate questions on a topic.