cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Our woke military

has held climate change as official strategic doctrine for at least a couple decades.

More evidence that they’re part of the vast conspiracy against dumb people.

4 Replies
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Re: Our woke military

If you haven’t noticed, the pro-Covid movement has followed the AGW denialist playbook to a T.

Grab some of the copiously supplied confirmation bias stuff and try to grind the conversation down into entropy. Human or national welfare are not a consideration, it is just a big tribal identity game.

The techniques were first refined by the tobacco lobby but since repurposed elsewhere.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

About 45 years ago I attended a seminar and heard Louis Thompson who was an ISU Ag muckymuck and an Army Reserve JASON- the super secret national security think tank team.

He demonstrated the findings on global warming and, among other things, predicted that the corn belt would grow to the north and west.

Kudos to anyone who believed and bought what was to become pretty good corn and bean land for $500 there around ‘90. 

BTW, when I was in the EC part of that state in ‘89, the prairie potholes were mostly dry. By the end of the Summer of ‘91 they were all full to the brim and have mostly stayed that way.

BTW, is Devils Lake ND still there or has the lake completely swallowed it up?

aljessen61
Senior Contributor

@sdholloway56 wrote:

has held climate change as official strategic doctrine for at least a couple decades.

More evidence that they’re part of the vast conspiracy against dumb people.

I would bet Bart is shaking his head on this one.

rickgthf
Senior Advisor

Re: In 1905 Svante Arrhenius, Swedish Chemist and ....

In 1905, Svante Arrhenius, Swedish Chemist and Nobel Prize winner used the principles of physical chemistry to show that burning fossil hydrocarbons, first coal, then oil & gas would cause the temperature of the atmosphere to warm significantly.  Hundred fifteen years later modern humans have proved him right.

The deniers can deny until the cows come home but that won't change the reality of it happening.  In the end, they'll be wrong and their descendants will suffer right along with the rest, and curse them for it.