Oval Office address to the nation

6 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Oval Office address to the nation

“When there is blood in the street, I’m buying.”

Baron Rothschild

_________

On the other hand, I am guessing to most farm bubbas & bubbettes have the majority of their investment portfolios buried in their own businesses (i.e. farmland, machinery, services, etc). For them, and for now, the national panic and the economic meltdown has mostly passed them by.

Otherwise, batten down the hatches friends. The current storm is what a 10 (and maybe 40) year reversion to the mean looks and feels like. Ouch!

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Not really much of a sprinkle so far- just a way overvalued Reality TV market reverting to something close to fair value. Perhaps a bit below in the overnight?

The inevitable foray to equal distance beneath the mean yet to come.

That wasn't very scientific and wouldn't even quite hit the half price sale I said was coming when the SP was at 3400.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

RIP "the consumer"

who has been said to have patriotically underpinned the continuance of the decade long expansion.

Highlighted
Advisor

Good post Packard.

I got out of the market, for the most part, at DJ 25000. The last three years I have been earning 3 percent interest on those dollars, or about 10 percent on the 25000, which puts the net at DJ 27500 if my math is correct.

If I buy back in at 75 percent of that, the entry point should be just over DJ 20000. I do have to give up three months, and six months interest to cash out the five year CD's early depending on the agreement, which is really peanuts.

So I am cautiously waiting, and ready to go all in on stocks again at some point soon. I am still bullish on America, just recognized that things were a little overheated.

If it is a repeat of the 2008 meltdown, the DJ fell, briefly to about 8000, or half of where it had topped out at. A repeat of that might take us down to DJ 15000, so I will save some ammunition to buy in at that point too.

Not much ever goes straight up, and keeps on going. The same can be said for going down.

Highlighted
Advisor

WH sources

Last night’s speech was drafted by Jared Kushner and Stephen Miller. 

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: WH sources