cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Palin

I am no fan of Sarah Palin. I think that should be clear to any moron that reads my posts.

But, in all fairness to her, this fund was started before it was clear that she would get the earning power that she has now, and I am sure at the time, every dollar was important as she has a family with special needs....including a downs syndrome child, an unwed teenage mother, a dope for a husband, etc.

and what the issue was , was in the use of language. Something like having the word "official" in the fund raiser. So people might think it had something to do with Alaska state government.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I'm sorry, Racer. Your  statements are not making sense to me. You say the left is decrying big this and big that, when the more of the rightys on this forum, cry like babies about the BTO's and how greedy they are, that they eat up all the ground. Secondly, you are inferring the left are the ones driving the big gas guzzling cars, and it's the Drugster who's rubbing our nose in his driving his BIG Hummer around, burning gas like it's his right to do so. I heard Hannity, claim he won't shut his car off to go in the store, he paid for it and he's gonna burn it the way he sees fit.

I haven't heard anyone on the left make such arrogant, brash statements, ONLY THE RIGHT!

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Well maybe you are not watching the same shows on MSNBC that I am. The Ed show and Chris Mathews seem to use those terms (Big this or that) all the time. Rachel Maddow is just more into snippy implied insults. If you truly have a open mind you should have noticed this on these shows.  I never watch Limbaugh but do watch Gretta, ORiley and some Hannity. Pretty much equal  time for all of them. You should do the same this week and see if you change your mind ! 

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Fuel Usage???

@GreaTOne_654018744 wrote:

I'm sorry, Racer. Your  statements are not making sense to me. You say the left is decrying big this and big that, when the more of the rightys on this forum, cry like babies about the BTO's and how greedy they are, that they eat up all the ground. Secondly, you are inferring the left are the ones driving the big gas guzzling cars, and it's the Drugster who's rubbing our nose in his driving his BIG Hummer around, burning gas like it's his right to do so. I heard Hannity, claim he won't shut his car off to go in the store, he paid for it and he's gonna burn it the way he sees fit.

I haven't heard anyone on the left make such arrogant, brash statements, ONLY THE RIGHT!

Say Dale..... how many miles per gallon do you get out of that fine GTO that you drive?  How many gallons of fuel gets used up driving your RV set up, down to Arizona for the winter, and driving it back to Michigan each and every year?

I walk the walk by driving very fuel efficient cars, burning wood, and have electric scooters for the kids to get around.  It would seem that hypocrisy abounds.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Craig I drive a big ford F-350 diesel my wife drives a suburban my kids drive a fourwheeler around I have a big 442 mercedes V8 in the big chopper  I am not a believer in peak oil or that humans are the problem I am not a Hypocrite either. JRSmiley Very Happy

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

My heart bleeds.  The fund you are referring to was just ruled illegal  and did they stop it?  No, they just gave it another name and continued on.  She doesn't need that tax payer money.  She got about $7M for her book up front.  I know an Indian woman who has about the same problems--down syndrome young child, two other kids and a non-working husband and she works part-time at the Census and other jobs.  she gets by.  Palin thinks the tax payers owe her the money.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

• hey gooboy it is good to see you are still behind me and always will be -----aint this fun
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

The subject was about people on the right bragging about how much energy they use. Did you see me bragging, Craig?? NO. For you and the rest, the GTO is driven 3-4 times a YEAR, not hardly gas guzzler, as it has fuel in it that I bought 4 years ago. You mentioned my motorhome, it burns 380 gals. of diesel on a  round trip. If I was staying in MI, the house  would burn that much in Dec. and Jan. so really I'm saving fuel by living in AZ. during the winter. I dare say I'm saving as much or more energy than just about any one by living AZ, and it's cheaper living there too.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

What year GTO?  I believe mentioning owing a silver "66 with tri-power many years ago, which was sold after graduation in "74 for a Toyota so I could afford the many 400 mile trips back to the homestead.  Not a big issue but was mildly interested.  Expect the Judge would be quite a collector's car.  Currently have a plastic Chevy which rarely gets driven.   Have lost interest.  Would have been almost unbelievable to have access to one in the 60's during HS, but that urge has faded.  The daughter wants and is going to get this one, but it isn't a good car to have in Chicago, so I'm have to provide storage until she moves.  

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

It's a '65. The only long drive it's been on it did 19 mpg. which by today's standards isn't great, but still respectable. My wife drove the original to work, a 50 mile round trip, she filled the tank once a week, of course it only cost $20.00 to fill the tank. I had to change my garage door so my 12 yr old grandson and I took the GTO down to their garage, when I went for 3rd, I power shifted and left a 15 ft. patch of rubber, I think he started thinkin' about a GTO in his life!LOL!! The car I have now, is an exact replica of the one I bought new in '65, except this car has SS Cragars on it, something I couldn't afford in '65. I've lost interest too, but will never sell the GTO. Everytime I look at it, it reminds me of a time when it was the only thing I thought about, fun wonderful times, the greatest cars and music of all time.