cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: Parler no fun

Went to a farm sale yesterday to watch a 2577 combine. No mask. No politics. Just a bunch of farmers. It was a great day even with the rain.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Hey Red and Craig.  The 1980s were the best, i could`ve voted for Reagan in his 2nd term, but there was no need as the country was in good hands, General Chuck Yeager was about 60 yrs old a lot of good voting years a head of him, well now him and that generation that "took care of us" are gone.  In the 80`s a little girl in the Bronx was born, Alexandria Ocassio-Cortez she will be old enough to be president as General Yeager`s generation goes to Heaven at the speed of sound, no longer "here" with a steady hand on the stick.

A rerun of Soap was on and the Katherine helmond character was at a pastor (played by the Higgins character from Magnum PI).   Seems Mr Tate was caught fooling around, the Pastor said, `the problem is there are no more Indians, marriages were stronger when we were worried about Indians attacking, some of the strongest marriages were in the Apache territories because they were the most hostile`.  It`s a joke and funny and a little true. 

In the 80`s we were united because of the Soviet threat, if the communism didn`t bother you the fear of the Soviet nukes did and you accepted Ronald Reagan even though he was a "racist, sexist, homophobe".  Now, recent years the Left tried a version of 1980s "nuclear winter" scare with global warming and now Cooooovid!  It`s just always something to scare people into socially engineering the population. ...for our own good of course.

rsbs
Veteran Advisor

3020.how many hours on the 2577, and what did it sell for? curious

BA, I went to Gilberts sale yard back in August or Sept to maybe buy a 2166 combine as a backup machine, and passed as a couple of Amish farmers bid it up to $20,000 and it needed some work.

Bought a 2188 that just needed a couple of chains, and to fix a hydraulic leak up in Benson for under $20,000 with the cornhead and trucking included. My newer combine went down and I took out 100 acres with it without a hickup......really liked running it, nice corn sample with the dry corn even, and big spacious cab. Way better than my old 1680s.

r3020
Senior Advisor

2100 engine 1600 separator hrs. Brought $77,000. Good looking machine. He ran it through the dealer check program and had a list of about $5,000 in needed repair. There is one much closer to home in better shape for not much more money. Have to do something before long. The old 1640 has 4,800 hrs and needs at least $10,000 in repairs before it could face another season.

bruce MN
Advisor

I can see that. As the movement condenses it will be easier to direct and organize.

And to locate. 

henrikstudson
Senior Contributor

@r3020 wrote:

Went to a farm sale yesterday to watch a 2577 combine. No mask. No politics. Just a bunch of farmers. It was a great day even with the rain.

You have said you are high risk Ronnie, why no mask?  Highly doubt you did social distancing 

r3020
Senior Advisor

It was a peaceful protest against the high price of new farm equipment. The communist dems have promised us the virus can not be spread at a peaceful protest. 100% safe.

henrikstudson
Senior Contributor

Paying Russian Roulette with your health, real smart, Not

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

@henrikstudson wrote:

Paying Russian Roulette with your health, real smart, Not

Sure if the revolver had 1000000 cylinders

henrikstudson
Senior Contributor