cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advisor

silly notion

That "anyone" can step in and run a business. Can many people, sure, anyone no. The idea that all people are equally gifted is absurd. Can anyone stand behind a center and take a snap, for the most part, but that don't make you Joe Montana.
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: silly notion

No one has said hat,  It surely isn't what nox said as I presume that is what you and Red are referring to.

Highlighted

Re: Paul Craig Roberts interview

I get a lot of mixed messages here.

On the one hand it is said that I don't like my neighbors who are militiantly in the "52% that hearts the 1%" camp.

But I'm not supposed to be tribal.

But the 47% are coming to take everything that I have and 100% deserve.

Highlighted

Re: Paul Craig Roberts interview

PS

As to the people for whom you show contempt-

End stage Ponzi capitalism requires suckers. You can't have what you have without them.

And you're right- you have to figure out how to keep them in that state because if they rise up and lash out, look out.

Highlighted
Advisor

I think he was saying that if those individuals in his coffee shop quit someone else would farm the ground. Rocket science that was, but he tied that in with "john galt", which is really the theory that if the emviromemt becomes adverse enough that people with talent will opt-out. I think in some fields you're seeing that more or less.
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Surprisingly, that is exactly what Romney is proposing to deal with immigration. Make the existance of menial workers so difficult that the illegal immigrants will self deport. Perhaps legal americans will join them in their trek.

Highlighted
Advisor

We've got a bunch of unemployed to do the work.

Perhaps legal americans will join them in their trek.

Bruce said he hoped the door didn't hit'em on the way out.

Highlighted
Advisor

Sam, Sam, Sam...you know full well that it wasn't American working men and women that I was referring to in that comment.