cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Paul Craig Roberts.

This is what`s at stake in the 2020 election folks.

https://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2019/08/21/insouciant-white-people-have-no-awareness-of-the-extent-...  

Insouciant white people have no awareness of the extent of their demonization

Paul Craig Roberts

“If you are a white male, you don’t deserve to live. You are a cancer, you’re a disease, white males have never contributed anything positive to the world! They only murder, exploit and oppress non-whites! At least a white woman can have sex with a black man and make a brown baby but what can a white male do? He’s good for nothing.” — Noel Ignatiev as quoted in Diversity Chronicle

“The President is a white nationalist terror leader. His supporters—ALL OF THEM—are by definition white nationalist terror supporters. The MAGA hat is a KKK hood. And this evil, racist scourge must be eradicated from society.” — Reza Aslan on Twitter

Some responses to my two recent columns on genocide prove my point. I am told that it is impermissible to protest the demonization of white people, not because it is untrue but because white people deserve to be demonized. The violent language against white people and calls for their eradication are said to be justified. This is a logical position for those who believe that liberation requires the extermination of white people.

One reader dismissed the demonization of white people, quoting “sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me.” Jews would disagree. Words expressed against them in the 1930s did them a lot of hurt in the 1940s.

In my columns I am arguing against division and orchestrated hatred. My position is unacceptable to the growing ranks of Identity Politics extremists. They want division. Identity Politics is so entrenched that there are people who think that a person who does not support the demonization of white people is himself a white supremacist. We have arrived at Orwellian plus.

The intimidation that inhibits the defense of “indefensible whites” is also illustrated by the neglect of my genocide columns by some of the alt-news websites that normally reproduce my columns. A defense of white people or protest of their demonization is branded “racist white supremacy,” and the websites are guilty by association. Free speech is being shut down, and discussion of some issues is now impossible.

The 1619 Project, the plan of the New York Times’ executive editor to “reframe,” that is, to falsify American history, aims at undermining the confidence of white Americans. It is a project of cultural genocide. It is difficult to see a future for people who are both demonized and intimidated. Hate is a powerful force, and much hate is being expressed against white people and institutionalized in the educational system.

10 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Paul Craig Roberts.

First, I'd like to know which historical facts in the Times' 1619 piece he disputes. I'm guessing none, since I don't think there's much other than some small matters of interpretation that academics can make a living off of arguing about if they want.

So what he's really saying apparently is, why are you people bringing up all this tired old stuff that we all know just to make me feel bad?

First, not everybody does know this tired old stuff- whether out of actual or willful ignorance- and this site stands as testimony to that on a regular basis.

Second, Identity Politics is, in fact, totally out of control. But the Blob funded and inspired white backlash is far from the least bad actor in it.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

I can`t comment on 1619, haven`t read it.  What is the purpose in a dangerously divided country of running a piece such as that, accurate or not?  It`s just going to swell the radical ends of each spectrum, "woke self-loathing" people such as you Nox are already won over.  People like me that "really need to read it" won`t and only see the effects of it like the Portland, Oregon riots and only have more evidence to fear for our lives....we don`t need Trump to scare us to vote for him out of self preservation, we only need to watch the news.

But when I read this attitude:

---------------------------------------------------------

“If you are a white male, you don’t deserve to live. You are a cancer, you’re a disease, white males have never contributed anything positive to the world! They only murder, exploit and oppress non-whites! At least a white woman can have sex with a black man and make a brown baby but what can a white male do? He’s good for nothing.” — Noel Ignatiev as quoted in Diversity Chronicle

------------------------------------------------------

Okay, it will one day come down to letting people like that  rule over me or the klu klux klan, who do you think I`ll choose out of self preservation?  That is all that a 1619 NYT piece will accomplish, it certainly won`t heal any wounds.

Highlighted
Advisor

The Portland riots?

I haven’t paid any attention to how that bunch of paper tiger cowards who hid behind the cops are being covered by the winger sources.  What’ya got on that.

Are they getting the same “good people” shake the Charlottesville fascists got from Trump?

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

I guess so, if things like moving Confederate statues is just going back over well settled stuff and causing division.

Of course in the real world, nobody puts up statues of loser generals. But those aren't monuments to them- they're a big #### you from the white supremacist terrorists who won the second round.

I'm actually a lot more interested in our failures to enforce our Constitution since the Civil War- flat out in most of the south and de facto in the north, if equal protection under the law really meant what it says.

I'm not sure how guilty white people need to feel if they had ancestors who owned slaves. Unless you're like Richard Spencer, whose trust fund comes from his famiIy's historical vast plantations and slaveholdings, the brutal terrorist insurrection in NE LA during reconstruction and then livin' off the fat of the land for a century with sharecroppers in basically the same situation. Apparently he doesn't so much, though. Get's a piece of a nice farm subsidy too.

He's a Real Victim.

I get really annoyed hearing Ta Nehisi Coates or anybody going on about reparations because that ain't gonna happen and all it is good for is making white peoples' heads explode. That is kind of senselessly divisive. There are plenty of things to talk about.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

The present state of gender politics would make me pretty nervous, I think, if I was working in an organization.

Although it may not be that hard to figure out the new rules of the road- probably most of it was common sense before if it wasn't for some elements of culture that were pervasive.

Back in the day I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have been one of the guys who thought he was hilarious by harassing and grossing out the women but I can't say for sure that I would have fought their battles either.

At that point in my life my sows got harassed some, well, probably actually treated better than most. I was pretty good at handling livestock (not a skill likely to get you anywhere today).

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

They are beating people unconscious and not one dem has denounced them. That tells you all you need to know. Hate and intolerance is all the progressives have to offer. Following the lead of the New York Times.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Do you really think that beating Nazis is such a bad thing?

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Nazi according to you. Nazi according to the New York Times. I thought assault was against the law in this country. I thought we have freedom of speech. What other groups do you believe should be beat unconscious? Do you consider a gay reporter to be nazi? He was put in the hospital. Not one dem denounced the violence. All they offer is hate and intolerance.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

BA

While you might agree with some things pcr says, remember he is a truther, as such not all the oars are in the water.