cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: Paul Ryan could balance the budget..

Paul Ryan's budget cuts nothing.

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

All one has to do is look across the pond at what austerity has done for Europe. These people have no idea about how to fix the government, they have been brainwashed into believeing it's all the governments fault! Good luck trying to convince them otherwise! They are listening to the people that have the money, that don't give a rat's @ss what the rest have to do to survive. Romney's 47% comments where made to the have's, the one's who believe because of their wealth, THEY should be running the United States! The clowns here would just as soon let them, but what they don't know, is, they aren't/won't be included in the plan.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Where has austerity been tried?

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

r3020
Senior Advisor

Here is 2 mentioned in your story.

Spain-

Spanish government debt rose to 75.9 percent of its economy in the second quarter of the year according to figures published by the Bank of Spain.

The figure is up 9.2 percent year-on-year and is the highest ratio in at least 22 years. The total debt ascended to €804 billion ($1.0 trillion), up €99 billion year-on-year, Spain's central bank said in a statement Friday.

Central government spending increased by 4.4 percent to €617 billion, representing 58.3 percent of GDP.

Regional government spending grew by 2.8 percent to €151 billion, equivalent to 14.2 percent of GDP, also the highest level in at least 22 years.

The most indebted region in the second quarter was Catalonia with €44 billion followed by Valencia.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/spains-government-debt-hits-75-9-pct-gdp-111035995--finance.html

United Kingdom-

snip-

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Re: Looking at it another way

meanwhile, back at the ranch, law abiding citizens are not allowed to buy bullets cause the US Govt is buying all the bullets.

gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

Sometimes it amazes me how dumb so many people are.  Paul Ryan is your classic republican when it comes to budgets.  He would sack people all over the country, raise taxes for the poor and give the money to the wealthy, completely destroy any hope of a recovering economy but --- his wealthy mates would love him.  No wonder he is popular on here.

Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

Just a couple thoughts.

You said Ryan's budget would take from the poor, and give to the rich, so to speak.

Can you name another President, than Obama, where the gap between the Rich and the Poor, grew at a faster rate?

Oh, yea, we can't blame it on Obama's budget, because he never had one.  At least not one that got more than zero votes in Congress.

Can anyone, come up with any numbers from the obama administration, that shows anything specific, that he would do?   I saw him on TV not too long ago, basically saying that he could fix everything, except that the big, mean, scary Republicans wouldn't let him, but for all the words he used in that speech, I did not hear ONE specific from it all.

Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

Why don't we talk about Canada, and how it balanced it's budgets in the past, while maintaining a strong economy, and good manufacturing base, which made them better able to take this recession.

I think they are running deficits now, but a few years back, when times were good, and other countries were living off their credit cards, they were paying down debt.

Last time I checked, they were doing better than most.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

yeah but Donkey says that never happened

why go to Europe to find nazi revisionists when we have farm debt write off denialers right in our backyard?

When I skim through and read a few of these posts, like Nox going on about "austerity" and other items he obviously knows very little about, or Goat typing words, I  seem to sense that the saying is right. You just cannot fix stupid. Paying our bills and cutting waste is not "austerity". Romney and Ryan did not begin to go far enough to address what needs to be done, and the fact that anyone would brand what they may have done as belt tightening is absurd and comical.

The longer I live and observe things, the more convinced I am that the founding fathers were right on a lot of things. They must be turning over in their graves now, along with all of the good men and women that sacrificed their lives for the privileges that America was able to bestow.

We have millions of liberals in Ameria that are hell bent on destroying our nation. No nice way of putting this.