Thank you for a job well done

Ole Brietbart and FOX are gone

And soon to follow Amendment 1

hey sherrod sherrod

sung to the tune of que sera sera

as written by Midwest

Veteran Advisor

Re: Peggy Noonan in WSJ on Sherrod

Peggy is a pretty big time conservative icon. Not so funny that all that you've recieved up til now is a poem that needs an interpretor.

Look back at the immediate responses form earlier in the week on this topic. I'm seeing it as a bit more that coincidental that after reading Noonan that I and but a couple fof others here should also be feeling somewhat redeemed.

Veteran Advisor

Bruce just because a few (on this site) jumped on a band wagon of zealotry don't paint with such a big brush.  I didn't say anything about this and I am embarresed by those who complain that they are always takin out of context would be so willing to do it to this lady. 

Theres some real bottom feeders on both sides.  I oppose ideologies not skin color or station. JR

Goes to show our problem is us.

Veteran Advisor

Wasn't naming names. The record of the early responses stands for itself. 

Just that the usual suspects went on a feeding frenzy.

Hi Bruce and JR,

First off, I imagine that most here don't know or care who Peggy Noonan is. They know what they know.

Peggy has stayed pretty close to the party line over the years but she has always maintained a fair degree of decency.

JR, with all due respect, the moment for being Rodney King and saying "why can't we all just get along" has passed. The toxic influence of 40 years of low frequency dog whistling- whereby the GOP captured well nigh 100% of the white identity vote- has now come home to roost.

The interests that need their help are now letting it blow well into the audible range. They don't care- "interests" don't have a conscience- they have a job to do and will do what it takes to get it done. That is until a majority is ready to line up behind someone of great moral authority who says "Sir, have you no decency?"  At present I see neither the figure with moral authority or anything close to a consensus.

And unlike Senator McCarthy, this monster doesn't have a face.

I suppose you saw Jim Webb's recent comments?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/07/23/jim-webb-virginia-senator_n_657425.html

At the heart of it is a flasehood. White workers, by and large, have not been marginalized by black workers.

At the lower end by wage pressure from immigrant workers? Yes, but lower middle class and above have probably been net beneficiaries of that.

From globalization, technological change, cultural resistance to education? Most definitely.

From diversion of cash flows to managment, banking and finance interests- absolutely.

Gotta run, later, h

Veteran Advisor

Noxie I find it interesting that you point to the "interests" and say that this is the GOP's high frequency dog whistle and then quote from a story about a Democrats desire to remove marganilizing diversity programs.  So where is the gop's newest push for the end of these rules?

And no we can't all get along. sometimes we have to agree to disagree and sometimes ignorance has to be defeated regardless of the party it hides behind. 

And by the way I am for ending diversitry programs as well. I think your skin or disability shouldn't preclude any one from an opportunity nor should it give them greater access. JR

My point being that diversity programs have not "marginalized white workers" to any great degree.

Globalization, CEO salaries 500X workers, Wall street rakeoffs have done much more.

The folks who benefit from line B don't exactly hate the idea that the finger is getting pointed at Line A.

Advisor

I think the larger issue in the United states is "class" and not race.

I think you're exactly right.

And many people are in fact not racist per se.

It is just that they perceive people of color as belonging to a lower class.