cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

Re: Phyllis Schafly-`Trump last hope for America`

Things will look different, somehow.  Just not sure how.

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2016/01/the-great-republican-revolt/419118/

Honored Advisor

I think that "the water has begun to boil and the frogs can no longer jump out".  The slogan to win the Republican nomination is "It`s the Immigration Stupid", much like `92 Clinton was "It`s the Economy Stupid".

Here`s the conundrum for the Republicans, to peal off enough mainstream voters, in the few states that are even possible for a Republican to win.   This may very well be the election that Marco Rubio is the only Republican that can beat Hillary.  I know Cruz is close but, when the media explains "how mean he is" after that the edge may very well go to Hillary.  The media/elite would settle for Rubio.

But on the middle class, did you know that the middle class is no longer the majority in America today?  they are down to 49%.   You are either a "Instagram Kid"    http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/rich-kids-instagram-slammed-viewers-7054354   

or you do your shopping at Dollar General and depend on the Marines to come around and deliver Christmas presents to your kids.  Those in the shrinking middle class are falling off the cliff. 

Advisor

Like a Red Rubber Ball.  You being this rattled, I can only imagine what kind of a state you'll be in 10 months from now.

I agree with you on your current (for this 12 hr period) opinion about Rubio. The one with the best chance and, aside from Trump, the worst possible one IMO.. 

I presume that that you read the Frum essay.  It does point out fairly well that the donor class that funded the early Bush Push has no idea wether to shlt or go blind and that getting any of the button-down crowd past Trump or Cruz may be really tough to do.  And hopefully not, from this chair.

Senior Contributor

Re: Ann Coulter vs. Barack Obama

The odds of me voting for Trump is comparable to the odds of me voting for you and younwill run under an assumed name.

Trump is another one of those simplistic righties tht have all the solutions but somebody else may pay the bill.

Notice that BA is arguing that the least amongst us are greedy. and he doesn't even mention the greedy bastards at the top that want it all.

Senior Advisor

Re: Ann Coulter vs. Barack Obama

@OKdon wrote:

The odds of me voting for Trump is comparable to the odds of me voting for you and younwill run under an assumed name.

Trump is another one of those simplistic righties tht have all the solutions but somebody else may pay the bill.

Notice that BA is arguing that the least amongst us are greedy. and he doesn't even mention the greedy bastards at the top that want it all.

You mean the ones who have thrived so well under Barack Obama and fund the progressive liberal campaigns.

Honored Advisor

I`m not "Polly Anna", I have a wish list and a reality list and they aren`t parallel.  10 months from now? my reality list still says it will be Jeb Bush, because Trump will knock over the other "liberty candidates" and it will come down to Jeb and Donald (que the spaghetti western music ♫)  ..Trump will be exposed on some BS "shady business deal" or Jeb will steal it from him at the convention.  A big part of Jeb`s inevitable inaugeration is it appears Hillary is the Dem`s choice and she is a very weak candidate. Between you and me, if you guys got behind Martin OMalley right now and give it everything you got, he would easily be the next president given today`s demographics...he even knows this, that`s why he`s sticking around and throws barbs that he`s "the younger generation on stage".  I hate him the most of the 3, but you guys appear to be stuck on the old nag Hillary.

It`s a Ju-Jitsu move, Bush has a playbook out of Sun-Tzu...Trump momentum bowls over the other liberty candidates and Bush comes out of no where.

Senior Contributor

Do you have any idea the huge percentage of people who reject you? Don't kid yourself with the they are all on your side thought. Most would be happy if you didn't exist.

Veteran Advisor

If trump is the last hope, there is NO hope!!!

Honored Advisor

I would say that you are correct in there not being any hope Schurrbart, but God is our last and only hope.  Man can not rule themselves.

Senior Contributor

I am a die hard Republican but Jeb is not the guy we want. The slogans for the others should be anyone but Jeb! Now if George could run again I would vote for him so it is not a anti Bush thing at all. Jeb just doesn't have what it takes.