cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Re: Physics journal

@Democratforlife wrote:

Obummer visits a christian church but, doesn't listen and remembers nothing from what was said.

That is a good point and it has been said that especially in your country a person who admits to not 'believing' in a god would not get elected even if they were the best person for the job.

It has also been noted that averages would indicate that there should be far more than the one or two admitted non believers in office.

Therefore there are likely many others in office who hide the fact they are non believers just as many hide the fact they are not heterosexual, again because of discrimination.

Senior Contributor

Maybe that is part of the reason so many politicians seem to have a truth deficit. They lied to get elected, and then wind up pretending to be what they are not.

Advisor

New information? You mean like when people die they stay dead?

Advisor

Let people keep their own education related tax dollars, decide what education they'd like their children to have, then its none of your business.
Honored Advisor

I don`t find what you believe offensive at all Sam, you`re only explaining your position....observe Canuck, the man smells bloodin the water on posts like this and 3,2,1...his sidekick Gough will be along any moment now to do what he does.  Smiley Happy

Okay, I`m not a judge and thankfully so, 0bama may be a Christian although very misguided, I don`t know what`s his heart.  But let me put it this way, if most people had to place a bet with their own money on the contents of Obama`s heart they would bet that he`s an atheist. But, they accept that because he`s a `kind atheist that gives them free stuff and tells them that they can do whatever they want with their own pee-pees`. 

Conservatives are quickly called "hypocrites!!!"  when their private life doesn`t jive with their public life.  Liberals ALWAYS have their goalposts moving. Here`s 0bama example, he campaigned and won saying that marriage is between 1 man and 1 woman and that was his Christian belief that he has   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5L2LMJcRIg    

Then!  The goalposts got moved and he suports gay marriage, hobbyfarm didn`t come on and call 0bama a "Hypocrite!"..no the liberals applauded how his views had "grown".  And it would be the same deal if 0bama came out of the closet as a "atheist" that he never did believe that "nonsense".  And I think if you shot Bruce up with sodium pentothal and put him on the rack, that is what he would also believes about 0bama.

Advisor

Like, say, that the ancient creation fable isn't really consistent with observed facts.

Interesting that you would find more common ground with those who cling to that because they are united with you in emnity  against the state.

Advisor

What you're saying is that Obamas might well be Muslim, but that would be less popular than if he was gay, and he can't be gay cause he has a wife, but oh a gay guy interested in politics would bury his gayness too?  

Are you really saying obama might well be a complete lie?  At least he is not playing on ignorance to sell something the people don't need like cigarettes.  

Honored Advisor

Aw hell Canuck, when there`s a "flu shot day" at the clinic there are long lines of old geezers with rolled up sleeves that also believe in the "6000 yr earth theory".  They`re every bit afraid of dying as you atheists.

The thing is I have never heard my Lutheran pastor say that the "earth is 6000 yrs old" I honestly don`t know if he would, however I can tell there are churches out there that do preach that.

Vaccines are good, I raise hogs and can attest that without a erysipelis vaccine the hogs can get knobby joints.  With human vaccines I just don`t trust what the government tells us is safe and that has nothing to do with religious beliefs.  Sorry Canuck, I guess I just don`t always trust that "government god" of yours.  Smiley Happy 

Honored Advisor

Advisor

Sure more mythology. I'd say its more about those that have emnity towards me. But let's not make this about me.