cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Pic of Ryan volunteering

Thought you would all want to see Paul Ryan hard at work in a soup kitchen.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/election-2012/wp/2012/10/15/charity-president-unhappy-about-paul...

Of course the story behind it is very interesting.

Upon entering the soup kitchen, Ryan, his wife and three young children greeted and thanked several volunteers, then donned white aprons and offered to clean some dishes. Photographers snapped photos and TV cameras shot footage of Ryan and his family washing pots and pans that did not appear to be dirty.

5 Replies
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Pic of Ryan volunteering

I recall Der Schlickmeister finding a neat pile of stones on stone-free Omaha Beach, France, and arranging them into a Christian Cross on the fine white sand. Of course television cameras just happened be there at that same "touching" moment.
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

I don`t think that Dog will hunt Canuck.  How do we know if the "clean pot" picture was snapped before, during or after the dish was cleaned?  Something can look "clean" but I`d still want it washed.  Without grossing anyone out, but if you`ve ever had a mouse loose in the house, you may want to wash "clean" pots before using because there could be little raisons in them.   Let`s be honest, washing pots at a soup kitchen is just a ridiculous photo -op that unfortunately all candidates figure they have to do, Obama too.  It`s what a candidate does 364 days 23 hours and 45 minutes of the rest of the year is how they should be assessed. 

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

At least he was there!

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Seems that the cat is out of the bag.  News this morning is that he and his wife showed up unannounced and uninvited to this soup kitchen with their photographer, put on aprons and grabbed a couple of pans off the rack and had this picture taken then left.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Grand Old Phonies

From the local press:

“by the time that Ryan and his family arrived at the center, all the patrons had already been fed, and all the dishes and the premises had been cleaned. But that did not deter Ryan... he and his family put on aprons and PRETENDED to wash CLEAN dishes. Now that is FAKE. The photos are FAKE. And the pretend regard that both Romney and Ryan express towards the people of this country are FAKE, FAKE, FAKE, FAKE, FAKE.”

Juanita Sherba, St. Vincent’s Saturday coordinator for the dinning hall, said she gave the Ryan campaign approval that day for the visit by the candidate and his family.

The event “was a photo op,” she said. “It was the phoniest piece of baloney I’ve ever been associated with. In hindsight, I would have never let him in the door.”