cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Piling on Burger King

its in the last paragraph or so...someone in the media is really out to get the Whopper.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/08/27/how-douglas-mcarthur-mccain-became-the-...

5 Replies
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: Piling on Burger King

Those Lutherans that drug in the Somalis into Minnesota, got them citizenised and a job at the Mpls/StP airport Burger King have alot of `splainin to do after so many have "went rogue".  You can take the boy out of Somalia, but you can`t take Somalia out of the boy.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Do you really like the fact that burger king will not be paying any tax on their income?  I always thought if you earned income somewhere, you paid tax there.  I know I live in AZ but have to pay Illinois tax on income earned there.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Bad burger king burgers made me puke, so I threatened to sue them and got a settlement, plus a letter of apology for their crappy food. So , needless to say, I never eat there anymore.

They should pay tax on their US earnings if they have any. Where did you see that they would not pay any taxes, Sally? I thought the issue was one of paying tax at the 27% Canadian level rather than the 35% US rate. If you are a multinational, you can choose what country to call home.

Capital has legs, too...it will flow to the places that treat it the best. A good lesson to know.

Taylor ECIL
Senior Contributor

The US is one of the few countries that tax foreign income. So if they pay income tax in Canada and bring the rest home to the US they will also pay tax at the US rate. If the ate based in Canada they will pay income tax at US rate but then that income is not taxed again at the Canadian rate. They will not get out of paying US business tax unless they have creative financing.
gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

Red Steele Advisor
9:59 AM
Bad burger king burgers made me puke, so I threatened to sue them and got a settlement, plus a letter of apology for their crappy food. So , needless to say, I never eat there anymore.

That's interesting. Do you always threaten businesses then take their money to shut you up? Why didn't you go public and not take any money? If you had them by the balls, it would be a breeze.

I would also be surprised if they apologised for their "crappy food". More like apologising for any discomfort etc. They would never apologise for selling dodgy tucker. That is commercial suicide.

Do you think they would ever want you there again? Duuuuuuuh.