cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advisor

Pine Ridge Redux?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/09/us/south-dakota-sioux-tribes/

I suppose if it was in Sheriff Joe’s AZ County or Glynn County GA it could be Wounded Knee or Sand Creek.

6 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Pine Ridge Redux?

Sovereign entities, as far as I know.

Sure didn't take long to get to the Third Reich "useless eaters" stage, did it?

BTW, don't know if anyone has seen this but I'd recommend "World on Fire" on PBS Sunday nights. 6th of 7 tomorrow I think, but you can get them all if you have the PBS subscription.

One subplot has Helen Hunt as an American radio reporter in Berlin who is discovering the Nazi eugenics program.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

I'm thinking a lot of people here don't have PBS subscriptions. Or library cards.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

What a pair...

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

(cnn/SD Governor gives 48 hours to remove checkpoints)

Did the tribes shut down reservation roads / highways or public state & federal highways?  Your article doesn't specify.  If they are tribal roads on reservations they should be able to shut them down; if public highways?  

Could just be cnn clickbait.

Highlighted
Advisor

If their checkpoints are on reservation roads they are within their rights I would think. If they are stopping state and federal roads probably not. I can gate my drive ways but I can't gate the county road that I own land on both sides of.  I go along with what they are doing, maybe they have their check points in the wrong place.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

nonfiction