cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Pitts on Coded Race War (Defense of Bruce)

Maybe Bruce has been reading Leonard Pitts columns:

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/09/01/2979065/lord-have-mercy-the-pols-are-talking.html

Normally I would not post this, but it is balanced since it also takes that idiot Joe Biden to the carpet for what he did when he put on the blackface and tried to pander to a crowd of black people.

Pitts knows where the bear shat.

10 Replies
Veteran Advisor

Re: Pitts on Joe Biden

Where race is concerned, Newt Gingrich is a disingenuous hypocrite. And Joe Biden is just a fool.
Did the vice president really tell a largely black audience two weeks back that if Mitt Romney is elected, the GOP will “put y’all back in chains.” Y’all? Really? A slavery joke?
Lord, have mercy.
Why didn’t Biden just show up with his pants sagging while gnawing a chicken bone? It couldn’t have been any less subtle.
There are — what? — 14, 15 black Republicans in this country? So Gingrich is offending voters his party does not have. But Biden is pandering — clumsily — to voters his party does have and routinely ignores until just before election day.
Black voters do not need to hear Biden say “y’all” any more than they needed, in 2006, to hear Hillary Clinton accuse the GOP of running a “plantation.”
What they — we — need is for the left and right to stop using us like hardware. What we need is for would-be leaders to approach us with agendas tailored to our concerns.
Talk about how you’re going to bring investment to the inner city. Talk about ending the mass incarceration of young black men under the failed War on Drugs. Talk about job training. Talk about restoring the voting rights of ex-felons. Talk about fixing schools.
Do those things and you won’t have to say y’all. But of course, that’s too much to ask. So instead, we get Gingrich’s dewy-eyed innocent act and Biden’s linguistic blackface, the same old buck and wing of cynicism, opportunism and nonsense.
It turns out there’s actually one thing more aggravating than politicians who don’t talk about race. That’s politicians who do.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/09/01/2979065/lord-have-mercy-the-pols-are-talking.html#storylink=cp...

Advisor

Re: Pitts on Coded Race War (Defense of Bruce)

Been a loyal Leonard Pitts reader for years and a genuine fan. He makes a great point which, BTW, is in no way anywhere in the same context as anything I've said on the topic here. That taffy you are tugging on is going to snap on you if you insist on stretching it like that.
Senior Contributor

Re: Pitts on Coded Race War (Defense of Bruce)

I wouldn't think "welfare" equals blacks....I'm quite certain there are far more whites on welfare than blacks(and thats just us farmers!!).  Seriously though, that peice is the problem.  What Biden did was quite different...he directly referenced slavery to a black audience.  That doesn't make him a racist in the least, as I am certain he isn't one, ...it just makes him a cheap opportunist as well as a Social warmonger. 

Back to the peice being the problem...its all this handwringing and worrying that everything everyone says has a racial tinge to it...thats just not the case.  Everyone, but mainly  the Dems, need to grow some thicker skin on the subject.  No way do we ever move past the racial problems we do have when we can't even have a discussion on something NOT RELATED to race without the handwringers yelling "RACIST".   

And oh yeah...I was spot on with the whole "code" thing.  And when I read the first part about picturing a drug dealer, I saw the local white wimmens with their rotted out teeth. 

Senior Contributor

Lord have mercy

Is this guy really that "smart"......

Railing against the use of race in politics but then.......well.... hypocrite!!!

No wonder bruce is an avid reader of him

Veteran Advisor

Also, Kathleen Parker on Race

The truth is that the "southern strategy" of trying to win national elections by relying on carrying the racist votes and not reaching out to minority groups, namely blacks and hispanics is a ticking timebomb for Republicans , given the shifting demographics in America. Romney will most likely win in November, not because of who he is but because of the obvious weakling he will be up against. A stronger candidate than Obama, and Romney would not fare very well. And Romney? He is not near the republican that BIll Clinton was . It is like picking to die by freezing to death (Romney) vs . being thrown in the fire (Bama). Ewwww!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/kathleen-parker-race-the-republicans-elephant-in-the-room/201...

Advisor

Re: Also, Kathleen Parker on Race

http://teapartyeconomist.com/2012/09/04/obamas-brand-of-marxism/

" Romney will most likely win in November, not because of who he is but because of the obvious weakling he will be up against."

snip-- Intrade, the international betting site, has Obama’s odds of a win at about 58%. It has not been below 50% since November 2011. Intrade is rarely wrong in bets on political outcomes. So, if this really is a crucial election,-------

Conclusion:  If Obama is a Marxist, he has certainly hidden his true color: red. He has not pursued the central Marxist objective: proletarian revolution.  Obama is an example of the political figure who Marx despised: a bread-and-butter advocate of using the government to subsidize the labor movement, which Marx saw as undermining proletarian solidarity.                                      

So, to use the term “Marxist” to describe Obama or any Democrat, including Social Democrats of Western Europe, produces misunderstanding. It weakens the efforts of those who want to reduce the welfare-warfare state. It keeps people from recognizing the bipartisan nature of the welfare-warfare state. 

So, to use the term “Marxist” to describe Obama or any Democrat, including Social Democrats of Western Europe, produces misunderstanding. It weakens the efforts of those who want to reduce the welfare-warfare state. It keeps people from recognizing the bipartisan nature of the welfare-warfare state.

That’s my theory, and I’m sticking with it

Senior Contributor

Re: every one knows dems hate blacks

here we have a union steward that brags of how many blacks he buys every election for fried chicjken and whiskey-thay think it is funny how they aOWN the blacks hence the  reason obalmo wants more gov handouts to keep them on the auction block--coem on libs try this on for size

Senior Advisor

Repubs want to put all workers in chains. An exaggeration? They hate labor, they want them to work for less. They disapprove of unemployment compensation. Why? because they want workers forced into the labor market at bargain basement prices.

Repub after repub on these pages claim that everyone is overpaid. Whether they be school teachers or auto workers. The cop or the fireman. The FSA worker or clerical help. Only businesses earn what they get. You would prefer the serf system. Where the peasants work for nothing and you get rich.

AND you expect those peasants to pay all the taxes!

Senior Advisor

@kraft-t wrote:

Repubs want to put all workers in chains. An exaggeration? They hate labor, they want them to work for less. They disapprove of unemployment compensation. Why? because they want workers forced into the labor market at bargain basement prices.

Repub after repub on these pages claim that everyone is overpaid. Whether they be school teachers or auto workers. The cop or the fireman. The FSA worker or clerical help. Only businesses earn what they get. You would prefer the serf system. Where the peasants work for nothing and you get rich.

AND you expect those peasants to pay all the taxes!

No one is over paid, not as long as you have a dollar in your pocket.