cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Democratforlife
Senior Contributor

Re: common sense

You say abortion is legal. Can you point to the bill Congress passed and the President signed that made abortion legal? I would really like to see it.

Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

Re: Political persecution

image.jpeg

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Ever hear of Roe vs Wade?  

Democratforlife
Senior Contributor

That was a court decision. Courts do not make or change law. 

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

If the SC decides that your law is unconstitutional, they will change your law.  You got a complaint, go talk to someone who cares what you think.  That is the way our govt/country works.  That is the purpose of the Supreme Court.

Democratforlife
Senior Contributor

Who changes the wording in the law? Does the President sign the law again after it is changed?

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

I'm not a student of that area.  You will have to ask the "Mind". AKA as millie.

Democratforlife
Senior Contributor

roe v wade is not settled law. No bill passed congress or was signed by the president. It was allowed to look like a law because liberals knew that the republicans would not have the guts to pass a law to make abortion iilegal. Pretty much it my friend.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

The states passed laws making abortion illegal.  In Roe vs Wade, the SC ruled that those states laws were unconstitutional thereby voiding the laws.  So if you void a law, whatever that law represented is no longer valid.  So if a law that says abortion is illegal is voided, then the act of abortion is legal.  Doesn't need a law saying it is legal.  If congress passed a law saying that eating bananas was illegal, and the SC said NO that is unconstitutional, then bananas could then legally be eaten.  Don't need a law saying that.  Get it??  That's pretty much it!

Democratforlife
Senior Contributor

The ruling you site was for a case in the state of Texas. Should not affect other states. Again, pretty much it, my friend.