cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Poll question

Do you think churches should be allowed to receive fed stimulus money?

I say no. Churches are exempt from fed, state and local taxes so why should they get anything from the government.  

20 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Poll question

No.

My church did, but I am on record as saying that I strongly favor treating it as a loan and forgoing the loan forgiveness aspect.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Nope, and using your logic no 501c should.  I think that is fine at all times, bye bye planned Parenthood.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Cuz yer just a lifey kinduva guy.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Sd.....under what program did

You church get help ?

With donations down, expenses

Up (cleaning supplies, equipment,

Mask, and helping families with

Needs due to cv19)

The kitty is coughing up fur balls.

PM me if you would like.

Thank you !

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

PPP.

I voiced my opposition but was outvoted.

While the incidental offering always gets hit when you don't have services we have sufficient pledges to cover most of the budget, assuming they're fulfilled. I don't think our congregation is highly subject to the economic problems, at least for now. Some expenses also down at the moment. 

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Chair of Finance Comm. is an accountant and was very busy helping clients file but he knew the ropes and slipped it in early- I gather it's not a lot of paperwork.

50K on an annual budget near 500K. At current rate cash flow goes in the red in Oct.

Which may mean I get outvoted again as far as paying it back.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

(Do you think churches should be allowed to receive fed stimulus money?        I say no. Churches are exempt from fed, state and local taxes so why should they get anything from the government.)  

Another No

Same "No" for cities asking for bailouts of pre-CV debts, planned parenthood and more that also do not pay federal, etc. taxes - why should cities & planned parenthood get anything from the government. 

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

No.

Highlighted
Advisor

Hearing lots of conversations about congregations runners no short as the jingle simply doesn’t come in without butts in the pews. 

When this ends they’ll likely be hitting up the better heeled retirees and widows hard.