cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Panterafan
Senior Contributor

Pres in future.

Demographics now in this country dont support a repub pres anytime soon. Obamas ratings are getting lower as well, is there now a chance for someone like Nader to get significant votes. Is there now a chance a real third party could happen and what would be the results.
13 Replies
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: Pres in future.

My dream would be that there wouldn`t be any politican parties, I think the Founding Fathers even warned of the dangers of parties.  The corrupt people all congregate to the Democrat party and even when they are clearly on a `highway to hell`, they will not jump ship...just must be like a dog that once tastes fresh sheep`s blood, there ain`t much fixin` them after that...and I get no pleasure in that fact, it`s a sad time for our country.

The worst senario is that a "Chris Christie" gets elected by a couple electoral votes in 2016, the Republicans would be so thrilled to have a "Republican" in the whitehouse that they would give him a blank check and the Democrats could just lean back on their chairs and coast with only arbitrary opposition.  They might even allow him to serve 2 terms Smiley Happy

With a 3rd party, that only splits up the Republican party.  On the national stage Democrats have a strong +-50% ..the math just doesn`t add up to split the decent people in the Republican party. The only shot a "non-Democrat" has is if the Democrats are for some reason too bored with their candidate that they don`t bother to vote...so basically it wouldn`t be that a non-Democrat would win the presidency, it would be that the Democrats wouldn`t be exercised to vote against him, that is how bad things are on the national stage.

But let`s say that a 3rd party person got to be president...okay, he would have less than one year to turn things around and it would have to be done without the cooperation of both major parties (turning things around period is an imposiblity IMO, given the selfishness of the electorate).    Look at how Jesse Ventura fared as governor of Minnesota as an Independent...he won the election, served 1 term and left with his tail between his legs.

The only hope is that the Republicans just do what`s right and the Democrats are too high on dope and too busy watching the Arsinio Show to bother sending in their absentee ballot  Smiley Happy  But, knowin` the damned Democrats they`d pass some law where you could "Text in your vote up to 1 year in advance"  or "just vote a straight Democrat ticket for life"...don`t laugh, you can`t make up the ridiculous extremes that they with go to in protecting their dictatorship.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Best Bet

I agree with you about third parties, BA....all they do is to make sure that the Democratic candidates get elected, suck as Slick Willie did when that Perot nut ran and siphoned the votes away. Perot knew all about govt waste cause he got to be a multi millionaire siphoning money from the govt trough for himself, just like Harry Reid. Although Perot was a private citizen at the time and not an elected Senator.

Here in MN we have Adam marrying Steve because of the third party run of this Horner character that made sure Dayton sqeezed by with enought to become Gov Goofy.

The best bet is to have those #$% #$5ned teabaggers take over the Republican party and actually run a conservative for national office for a change. If Juice hates them so much, I am sure they have to be good since anything he hates seems to be the moral and right course to take

Don't mention that vote Democrat for life topic again, I am quite sure that they could easily get five to seven clowns right here from this forum to sign up for that. Once you see what people think like here, you can understand how Ted Kennedy got elected time after time.

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Re:If i were you, I would put my money on Ted Cruz

Evidently you still think that John McCain, Bob Dole, and mitt romney weren't conservativie enough. Ted Cruz should be your ideal choice to fill that bill.  Unfortunately you still won't change your mind when he loses by a landslide. You need to get used to the idea that you are in the minority and the Limbuagh/Steele party is unacceptable to thinking people.

Oh you demonize the opposition but they aren't going to swallow the meal you are serving.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

No, Time for an American Again

Cruz was birthed in Canada.

Rand Paul, Rick  Perry, or Scott Brown

any one of those three is electable, and conservative enough for my tastes.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: Best Bet

Hey Red, I voted both times for Perot because I was young and idealistic at the time, I figured (correctly) there wasn`t a big difference between Bush #41/Bob Dole and Billy Bob Clinton...I figured the country could take the chance of voting their conscience and Perot did get 20-some%, but he probably took 10 Republican votes for each Dem vote, so Perot essentially elected Clinton both times.

With the Democrat party, the majority are so corrupt that they would push you in front of a subway train for enough money and they though they could get away with it.  I think there are some, maybe as high as 1/3 that aren`t as evil as the party and could be shaken awake and I include my Democrat Wife in that mix.  the way I figure their brains work in say the case of Obama is , "Oh it`s wonderful that a Black man is finally running for president...it`s about time and we have to do everything to make him succeed because of slavery and colored drinking fountains".  Now, after Obama had an obvously failed first term, it became "Oh, he needs a second chance, it would be a shame if the first Black president wasn`t successful...maybe he`ll have better luck if he gets another try" ...these people would even vote for an Obama 3rd term if they could and the country wasn`t totally completely in shambles in 2016...that`s just the way their brains work.

I can`t get too excited about 2016 because even if enough Dems are too disolutioned to pass up the opportunity to vote for Hillary "The first person with lady parts" as president. And a Repub gets in, are today`s voters too impatient to give this country time to heal...as bad as things have gotten someone that comes into the doctor`s office with 2 broken legs couldn`t expect to compete on Dancing With The Stars after healing for 1 week, I don`t care how good the doctor, and I don`t think most people understand that these days.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: No, Time for an American Again

I think you`re on to something with Rand Paul.  He can bob and weave and get into places that his dad couldn`t.  Ron Paul was/is honest and you can`t get elected being THAT honest.  Rand is a little tricky, but I think in a good way, growing up in the Ron Paul household, he has to know the truth, it`s just that he`s marketing it in a way that it will sell  Smiley Happy

Some of the "smarter" Democrat voters might look at Rand Paul as "not like those other mean spirited Republicans" and they may give him a chance or at least not support the yet to be mentioned Democrat crook that will be running in 2016.

Samnospam
Advisor

Re: Re:If i were you, I would put my money on Ted Cruz

for myself, I agree with you - mostly. I'm in the minority and no one I'd vote for is likely to be elected. I also realize that our protection of rights of a minority has been tossed aside, so I really see no reason to play along. BTW Don, your thinking people have got the country in quite a spot don't they.
gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

Re: Pres in future.

The corrupt people all congregate to the Democrat.

You would be a total mug to think the democrats have a mortgage on that. Or of course if you were completely paranoid with hatred.
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Re: Best Bet

America will be at leaast as patient as you were with Barack Obama!