cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Re: unhinged

Several  Hours  -  and  NO  tweets  about  deferments  -  YET  ?   

AmaZing,   why  wouldn't  this  personal  accomplishment  be  of  an  unbridled  praise  ?  

Veteran Advisor

Re: President T & Melonia big hit with the Troops.

You are correct that Clinton and Obama did not serve. Now, do you think Carter is also in that group
Veteran Advisor

I don’t know. Is that a 60 vote question or simple majority?

Advisor

Tough call between your being this thoroughly disingenuous or just plain hideously ignorant.

where the H did you look?

Veteran Advisor

Yes, Jimmy Carter was in the military, navy, for
A number of years

https://wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Carter
Senior Contributor

In the day the Navy nuke program was equal or superior to NASA as far as engineering rigor goes.

But not nearly so big of a deal as having a supply clerk in camo on the 50 yard line for the fat goobers to cheer themselves into delirium over.

Shoot 'em up, bang bang GI Joe.

Senior Contributor

I tried google, yahoo, and a couple others, maybe they thought he sank something

of course, a few of my relatives get upset when I ask if the navy was really military...but that is another day for you fine ones.

Smiley Wink

Now where is the troubling news making features on the other two listed?

Advisor

My guess is that you searched something brilliant like “was Carter in the army”:.

Advisor

Ha! I just tried that.

Was directed to his service in The Navy.

Can’t begin to imagine how blank your inquiry must have been.

Veteran Advisor

BASSy, for your edification
https://www.military.com/history/lt-jimmy-carter.html/amp

During Jimmy Carter's 1975 presidential campaign, he was often referred to as "the peanut farmer from Georgia." But biographies of the candidate often neglected to mention that, before his successful farming and feed supply business and political career, Carter had been a Navy submarine officer. His seven-year naval career ended only when James Earl Carter Sr. died and his son chose to save the family farm.

James Earl Carter Jr. was born Oct. 1, 1924, in Plains, Ga. Our first president to be born in a hospital, he was raised on peanut prices, local politics, and his family's strong Baptist faith. Accepting a nomination to the U.S. Naval Academy, he graduated in a wartime three years with the Class of 1946. That June, he married Rosalynn Smith, and the young couple embarked on a series of military assignments that included Ensign Carter's duty on the battleships Wyoming and Mississippi.

After the Officer's Course at the New London, Conn.-based U.S. Navy Submarine School, Carter was assigned to the sub Pomfret SS-391 and soon was promoted to lieutenant, junior grade. After doing graduate work in physics at Union College, he served as executive officer aboard the submarine K-1 (SSK 1), the first postwar submarine built, and was promoted to lieutenant. But in 1952, Carter was detached from the K-1 to participate, under then-Capt. Hyman Rickover, on the design and development of nuclear propulsion plants for naval vessels. In October 1953, Carter was training the crew of the submarine Seawolf in use of these plants when his father died. At his own request, Lt. James Earl Carter Jr. was honorably discharged after seven years, four months, and eight days of active duty. He remained on reserve duty until 1961.