President Trump heads for Rochester Minnesota!
Boy, his supporters attending the rally are gonna double the Med City`s population! 🙂 Cutie pie DeeDee Stiepan from channel 3 this morning showed some were already in line!
This from Kaal channel 6 some tips if you`re visiting Rochester today and tomorrow.
What you Need to Know Ahead of President Trump's Visit to Rochester | KAALTV.com
City of Rochester Prepares for President Trump’s Visit
OCTOBER 2, 2018 – ROCHESTER, MINNESOTA – The President of the United States is scheduled to be in Rochester, MN on Thursday, October 4, 2018. City officials are making preparations and encouraging residents and visitors to be aware of increased vehicle and foot traffic.
“Safety of the President, local residents, businesses, and visitors is our top priority,” says City Administrator Steve Rymer, adding “We expect the heaviest traffic to occur between 5 p.m. and 9 p.m., and recognize the downtown corridor will be busy throughout the day on Thursday. We thank and ask everyone for their patience and understanding of the extraordinary activities of the day.”
The following arrangements and impacts can be expected:
- Rochester Public Transit will be free all day
- Community and visitors are encouraged to use Park & Ride locations
- A ticket is required to attend the event (provided by event organizer)
- Roads will be closed around Mayo Civic Center (MCC)
- Library, City Hall and the Government Center will close at 3:00 p.m.
- Residents and visitors are encouraged to use special Park & Ride parking located at the West Lot of Rochester Community and Technical College.
- Frequent shuttle service to and from downtown will be offered for the entire day at no cost.
- The West Lot is located off of College Parkway SE on the west of campus. Buses will board at the designated Park & Ride stop at the center of the lot. If needed, overflow parking will be accommodated in the adjacent gravel lot.
- Rochester Municipal Parking ramps and lots are expected to fill early and remain full for the duration of Thursday.
Rochester Public Transit (RPT)
- Thursday will be a fare holiday. No fares will be charged on any RPT route and ZIPS paratransit service for the entire operating day (5:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.).
- Those who typically commute downtown are strongly encouraged to use transit to avoid the disruption of road closures and to reduce associated delays.
- The city maintains six Park & Ride lots circling Rochester that provide express service to downtown. Local routes provide access from most neighborhoods.
- Several routes will follow a detour all day Thursday. Routes that normally travel along 3 Avenue SE, Civic Center Drive SE, and 2 Street SE will be following a detour to the south along 4 Street SE.
- Congestion on the downtown roadways is likely to cause service delays system-wide, especially during the afternoon peak period. Please plan ahead and leave extra time.
- See rptride.com for route information or call 507-328-RIDE for help planning your route.
- Road closures will begin at 8:00am on Thursday, October 4, 2018
- E Center Street from Civic Center Drive NE to the entrance of Mayo Field
- Civic Center Drive NE from E Center Street to 2nd Street SE
- 1st Street SE from 1st Avenue SE to Civic Center Drive NE
- 2nd Street SE from 1st Avenue SE to Civic Center Drive NE
- 3rd Avenue SE from 2nd Street SE to the entrance of the Ironwood Square Building
Pedestrian Trail Closures
- The pedestrian trail from E Center Street around the East side of the Mayo Civic Center will be closed to all pedestrian traffic starting at 8:00am on Thursday, October 4, 2018.
- Due to the expected crowds, anticipate impacts along the trails near the Mayo Civic Center.
City of Rochester
- City Hall and the Government Center will close to the public at 3:00 p.m. on Thursday.
- There will be no public access into the building after 3:00 p.m. on Thursday.
- The public parking in the City Hall lot will be closed at 3:00 p.m. Thursday.
Rochester Public Library
- The library will close at 3:00 p.m. on Thursday.
- All programming at the library has been cancelled for Thursday.
- The Friends of the Library Bookstore will be closed all day Thursday.
- Bookmobile service will not be impacted.
Mayo Civic Center
- As a publicly owned facility, Mayo Civic Center is open and available for reservation and use without discrimination by any entity or group able to comply with the laws and regulations governing the use. The City of Rochester and the Mayo Civic Center do not endorse any political candidates or parties.
- The Mayo Civic Center and the Mayo Civic Center Box Office are closed to the general public on Thursday.
- Only conference attendees and those visiting for business purposes will have access to the building via the skyway check-point.
- The following items will not be permitted in the building: bags, backpacks, large purses, umbrellas, posters, banners, signs, professional cameras with detachable lenses, tripods, monopods, selfie sticks, and GoPro cameras.
- Entrance to the building for the President Trump Campaign Rally will be located off of the Riverfront Plaza, located on the south-side of Mayo Civic Center. The line will form here. Street level west entrances to the building will be closed to the public.
Rochester International Airport
- Commercial flights may experience delays between approximately 5:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. If you have a flight during that time frame, it is recommended to check your flight status with your airline.
- Private flights will not be permitted to operate between approximately 5:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. due to a temporary flight restriction.
- Spectators will need to park in the Airport main terminal parking lot. Parking fees will apply. Please note, the general public will not be allowed within the Airport perimeter fence.
Additional Details for President Trump Campaign Rally Event Attendees
- Tickets are required in order to enter the Mayo Civic Center for the rally.
- Tickets are not available at the Mayo Civic Center.
- If you do not already have tickets, you will not be able to enter the arena.
- More tickets have been distributed by the White House than space is available in the arena, therefore having a ticket does not guarantee admittance.
- Once the main arena is full, ticket holders will be invited to view the speech from an overflow area. Once that space is full, no one else can be admitted.
- Attendees are encouraged to plan ahead, and to consider taking advantage of the day’s free transit service to reach downtown.
- Be mindful of the restrictions outlined for items that cannot be brought into the arena.
- The Secret Service will be handling screening and admitting attendees to the arena.
- Mayo Civic Center staff and Rochester Police representatives will be overseeing activity outside of the arena.
Re: President Trump heads for Rochester Minnesota!
wish I had the time to go and show my support. Trump must see some polls showing that a lot of MN races are in play or leaning Republican.
Easy to believe that Mn is going to have a red tide showing in November.....hard to believe that with Keith Ellison head lining the Democratic side that the MN democrats are going to be motivated to even go vote.
All the republicans are going to vote....maybe even enough to overcome the trunk loads of fake ballots that the crooked democrats will come up with again.