cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

President on those Texas gun nuts.

" Yet while unlicensed open carry of long guns is also typically legal in most places, it is a rare sight to see someone sidle up next to you in line for lunch with a 7.62 rifle slung across his chest, much less a whole gaggle of folks descending on the same public venue with similar arms. Let's not mince words, not only is it rare, it's downright weird and certainly not a practical way to go normally about your business while being prepared to defend yourself. To those who are not acquainted with the dubious practice of using public displays of firearms as a means to draw attention to oneself or one's cause, it can be downright scary. It makes folks who might normally be perfectly open-minded about firearms feel uncomfortable and question the motives of pro-gun advocates."

11 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: President on those Texas gun nuts.

Only is Austin would it be weird.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

"Only is Austin would it be weird." (wehav)

- Is that because of the tower shootings Charles Whitman did at UT Austin in 1966? Or...was there some other agenda to those remarks? Or did the gun nuts in Texas cross the line of sanity and big daddy NRA had to slap their hands and tell them not to be stupid?

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Update

By the way, the President who wrote the quote in my post was the Pres of the NRA, not Obama ... LOL  !

Since then, the fearless fab in Texas, haven been spanked by the NRA, have cut up their NRA cards.

It's kinda funny when crazy people defend other crazies and the really crazy are too crazy for the other crazy.

Which was most evevident  on my 2cd ammendemnt thread yestrday.

In otherwords, the NRA just called  these guys out and, those who support them douchebags !    ha ha  ha ha ha

Get your scissors out boys..........  ha ha ha ha and a big fat LOL   Smiley Happy

NRAcutup.jpg

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I know what you're talking about

Some things that scare people

https://www.google.com/search?q=gay+pride+parade&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=6eqMU6ynOZOzyATi...

Not saying I agree with the tactic being used to defend the gun rights we have, but it is just the same tactic as many groups use.

Highlighted
Advisor

Re: I know what you're talking about

I didn't see anybody in any of those pictures...didn't open or enlarge any so I admittedly may have missed something.....brandishing a firearm, knife, machete or truncheon.

What is your point?

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I bet you do

Your browser History must have some doozies Smiley Happy

But, Yeah Fun and Feathers are pretty scary huh. The problem is you think this day is to change your minds, it's not, you think that this concerns straight people in any way and it doesn't. It's the day we forget you exist, where we marvel at our numbers, where we come out in all our glory, in all our diversity and celebrate the moment we pushed back hard and know we will continue to do so. This day gives us strength for the other 364 days of the year where we have to deal with stupid crap. It's our day, and the one day where we actually are taking a break from changing your minds.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: I bet you do

Nope! It's the in your face thing just like the rifles in H.D.

Highlighted
Advisor

Re: I bet you do

Are you trying to tell us that you've been in town one day simply going about and minding your own business and one of those parades broke out? Right in your face?
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

I was in Home Depot in Pinetop, AZ today and ran into some Rambo cowboy with a big handgun strapped on his hip. I DID tell management that I would really like being able to shop there WITHOUT having armed folks walking around. They said it was legal and I said NOT if they said NO GUNS!!! Don't think I will go back even though I do get a 10% discount there!!