cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Pretty good explanation

https://twitter.com/mbeckett/status/1278750652160634880

as everybody tries to twist and spin data to their own agenda.

Although I sincerely hope his ultimate conclusion- that we're going to have several NYCs shortly, is wrong.

9 Replies
Edmund55
Senior Contributor

Re: Pretty good explanation

(Although I sincerely hope his ultimate conclusion- that we're going to have several NYCs shortly, is wrong.)

Not many NY's out there so sh-- all stupid as to stuff old folks in rest homes to let em all die.

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

I gave you a site where you could see individual state's. Here is georgia for example.  Yes, you can filter out result for the us as a whole and you can drill down to find counties even townships that look really bad.  

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

These two responses, are basically what I said earlier:

Replying to
I think another key point missed. Both FL & AZ have shut down access to their death totals per local coroners. When NYC was peaking people were claiming that deaths to Covid-19 were being over attributed. Now I propose the opposite is true. Deaths are being under reported.

Miles Beckett

@mbeckett

My gut tells me this is correct, especially given that FL is not reporting hospitalizations. But I don’t have the data unfortunately.

All reported deaths at this point, need to be taken with a grain of salt, and they are going to be under reported as being attributable to Covid.

Our nation, is in big, big trouble....

Republicans can't win an election, without lying....

Jen
sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

Given that a pretty significant percentage of deaths in NYC came from ltc facilities, perhaps state like TX and Fla have learned one way to avoid that is by not sending covid positive cases to nursing homes.   Maybe the way to avoid more NYC's is to implement different procedures than NYC.

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

Managing variables is another problem, human behavior being one of those variables.   Older high risk people might not have taken things seriously at the very onset,  no reason for that now.   Couldn't tell you if they are or not, doubt your source can either.

gurly3801539
Advisor

This is just a side story but one thing I didn't realize or think about until we had to place my mom in a home was that most do not have a way for mortician to remove the body with out going past a lot of residents. Very depressing for them. That was 20 years ago maybe the new ones are designed better.

WCMO
Senior Advisor

Regarding removing deceased residents in nursing home, or hospital -- usually they just close everyone's doors and wheel out the gurney.  Yes, very depressing -- and the residents obviously know, and just don't talk about it.  Sad.

Mom was in nursing home for 3 years, had 2 different roommates that passed away in her room during her stay.

When Dad passed away (in hospital), the nursing home didn't even tell his roommate that Dad had passed.  Roommate didn't know until I went to get Dad's things out of room.

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

Nursing homes are truly dreadful places. 

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

@sam1wiseone wrote:

Nursing homes are truly dreadful places. 

THAT is one thing that we can all agree on.  Yes - they are.  But they do provide a necessary service in this society.   I wish there was another way, but I don't have the solutions to this one.

Have a happy and safe 4th, Sam...

Jen