Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
k-289
Esteemed Advisor

Promised Health Care

BETTER    ?

CHEAPER   ? 

EVERYONE  ?

Haven't   heard  that one  for  a  while,  NOW   HAVE  WE  ?     

20 Replies
r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: Promised Health Care

No. All we hear about is we have to take in asylum seeks who reject asylum offered to them by Mexico.

rodgersfarms56
Senior Contributor

It’s American greed. 60 years ago a doctor made double the average Joe. But now it’s 10 to 20 times as much. The disparity in earnings is half of the medical access/affordability crisis. That includes earnings of pharmaceutical and equipment companies. The other half is the continued advancement in medicine and the fact we can’t do everything to everybody. I don’t see greed going away anytime soon.
wehav
Senior Contributor

Today a doctor has to pay more for insurance than the average joe makes.

Today a doctor works in a clinic that has X-Rays, a lab and a surgery center. 

He also has multiple people working for him as bookkeepers, nurse, receptionist.

I used to go to a doctor who worked out of his home.

k-289
Esteemed Advisor

Doctor  pays  more  for  insurance  than  the  average  Joe  makes  -  -  -

Numbers  please  -  &  where  did  you  get  that  info ? 

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

We haven`t totally repealed this damned crap yet.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Helloooo malpractice insurance!  A doctor makes a little mistake or accused of a little mistake and those suing the Dr win the Powerball Jackpot.   Average Joe just carries $100,000 liability on his old jalopy and it`s probably $100,000 more than his networth.

k-289
Esteemed Advisor

I   figured  by  now  the  Commander  in  Chief ,    would  have  handled  this,   remember  it  all  so  easy  I've  heard ?

Didn't  take  long  to  implement  tariffs   &    SO  2  years  should  be  ample  time  for  something  EASY , wouldn't  ya  think  ? 

$4,865.oo   divided  by  10  =  $486. oo  /  year   or  $48.60  /  month    -   EASY  MATH  -  WHERE   IS  THE  NEW  SOLUTION  for  2017 &  2018 ?        

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Doctors are actually quitting, rural clinics are closing, not something indicative of coining money.   Obamacare did not do one thing to lower the actual cost of healthcare, it was more of a "I`m gonna make you pay my healthcare gody goody goody!"  cost SHIFTING scheme.

But all these Mexicans that liberals and republican liberals like that work in pork disassembly plants for $11/hr  sooo cheap.   Well, if one of those $11 Mexicans saws a finger off, they haul him up to the hospital and they sew it on after 4 surgeries and $10s of thousand$ ...he`s a illegal making 11 bucks an hour, he can`t pay a $50,000 hospital bil soooo guess who picks up the tab?   That`s right, we all do. That "cheap" BLT sandwich all of a sudden has a few hidden expenses that never gets figured.

Type A liberals that allegedly own a business are all giddy about Obamacare, because they could shift cost to the government and wouldn`t have to pay their employee`s health insurance.  All that cost shifting ends up somewhere.  And add the baby boomers retiring and getting on medicare and lined up around the block to have a cute nurse trim their toe nails for free, it`s little wonder why healthcare is a mess.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

President Trump is doing all that`s in his constitutional limits, if individual congresspersons go back on their many campaign promises to repeal and replace Obamacare, there`s nothing the President can do about promise breakers.   All I know is President Trump KEEPS his promises.