cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

Proof Obama care is substandard

Never listen to what they say, watch what they do.

snip-

As the Friday deadline approaches for Senate and House committees to determine if staffers will be swept into Obamacare like personal office aides of members, sources tell Secrets that several Democratic staffs will likely be kept out of the troubled health care system.

Such a move to shield thousands of aides would be a blow to efforts to have all of Capitol Hill enrolled into the system the president and congressional Democrats created.

Said a top Senate GOP staffer: “If Obamacare is so awesome, why the hell aren't Democratic committee chairmen giving their staff the gift of losing the insurance they have and be dumped into Obamacare like the rest of us?”

http://washingtonexaminer.com/democrats-expected-to-exempt-staff-from-obamacare/article/2537794

25 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: Proof Obama care is substandard

They all think they are better than us. Just because they work in government they think they are above the rest of us. Another of a million examples why government must be limited.

Senior Contributor

I presume you are in the ag production business , if so do you  work for govt    Oct  is the mouth the employment direct payt  checks are sent.   Fruits from the labor of others.     

Advisor

Senior Contributor

While I agree that all of Congress and their staffs and all of government for that matter should be on the same healthcare as the rest of the nation, I have to ask: What about Obama's promise that people who already have insurance can stay with the insurance pan they have? This was said very clearly many times.

You are big on Obama keeping his promises, true or not true?

(PS: I know your ultra right wing brain only has a very tiny area for seeing two sides of anything, but I offer this just for consideration and discussion and I don't expect you to understand a dilemma or gray area.)

Senior Contributor

You want some cheese with your constant whine?

Senior Contributor

Jay Leno described obummerCare as,  "an Edsel station wagon filled with New Coke."  

Perfect description,   but you have to have a few years on you to remember the Edsel and/or New Coke. 

Veteran Advisor

Yeah. You have some extra? Most of you righties have been whining constantly for 5 years now!
Senior Contributor

I was born in the late 50s. and am in my mid 50s. How about remember buying a regular 6 oz Coke for 10¢ and seeing a movie for 50¢? I remember Corvairs more than Edsels.

The best way to improve health insurance is to have all our government on the same type plans as the rest of us. Then they will have to come up with something decent. In the meantime, people with pre-existing conditions, the poor, people with lower middle incomes and those who do not have insurance must be able to purchase something they can afford or be able to have something better than an emergency room visit. That and it should be good quality. That's all I want and this is at least a start in that direction and I'll take something over nothing, flawed or not, while the big mouths in DC sort it out the right way. If it turns out bad, then they will have to fix it.

Senior Contributor

Oh,  our govt is so good at running things.    The VA is a mess.   The Post Office is a major money losing failure.  Govt. health care is just the latest Titanic.