cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Re: Proof Obama care is substandard

hobby is predicably boring.   99.9% of his posts in the Forum are about the farm program.  Fine.  We all get that you don't like it,  enough already.  Move on,  get a life.

Senior Contributor

Fix it all or offer a viable private sector alternative. The government is only needed when it can't be done by the private sector and made available to those who need it, can't pay for it/afford it, or is not offered because it is too great of a project. As long as everyone can have health care, I really don't care who provides or underwrites or coordinates it.

I do have a problem with the whole VA as well - heard too many horror stories. The VA should be eliminated and good quality healthcare like I get offered to all those vets and active duty employees.

Just to nit pick - the government under the Affordable Healthcare Act is not the actual provider. The insurance companies are not run by the government and the doctors are not employed by them. I suppose the government is some sort of coordinator in this case. I have no problem getting them completely out of the business if an alternative can be found that provides healthcare for everyone. I don't think the insurance companies are willing to provide this service and if they were willing to do so, they have had many, many decades to offer something, yet they have not because they are a business for profit only and don't give a flip if there are people who are not covered. I want everyone covered whether or not the system that forces this is flawed or perfect.

Senior Contributor

Historically, insurance is based upon risk.   A 19 year old male with a bunch of speeding tickets is going to pay more for his auto insurance.

First flaw is obummerCare is tied to one's personal income.  Basically another tax the more wealthy scheme.    Someone who is in good health,  not overly obese,  doesn't smoke cigs or pot,  doesn't abuse alcohol,  is well past needing maternity coverage and has a history of not being hospitalized should pay less than someone who is grossly fat,  smokes,  is still making babies,  has diabetis,  etc. irregardless of personal income.   Further,  there are variations in premiums based upon what state you live in.   WTF.

We would be better off to establish a special high risk insurance program for those special cases and leave the rest of us who were content with their current private health insurance alone.    And the Amateur In Chief lied when he said you can keep your insurance.

http://www.jammiewf.com/2013/obamas-war-on-women-obamcare-takes-away-womans-health-care-choices/

Last thing we needed was to create a govt. program to provide job justification for more over-paid govt. bureaucrats.  We already have way too many govt. employees, govt. departments and govt. programs. 

Senior Contributor

Let me discuss this statement you made...

"First flaw is obummerCare is tied to one's personal income.  Basically another tax the more wealthy scheme.    Someone who is in good health,  not overly obese,  doesn't smoke cigs or pot,  doesn't abuse alcohol,  is well past needing maternity coverage and has a history of not being hospitalized should pay less than someone who is grossly fat,  smokes,  is still making babies,  has diabetis,  etc. irregardless of personal income."

The group insurance I have had for some 30 years now does not charge based on income. It does not charge more or less based on weight, tobacco use, alcohol use, child bearing age (or sex), etc. It is not new. It is cheaper than open market health care.

So why is it all of the sudden, considering like I said I have had this coverage for 30 years, that it does not work when in fact that it has worked?

Senior Advisor

Would you put subsidized crop insurance in the same group? Medicare? medicaid? Interstate highways? The TVA? The REC?. Government merely doing what the capitalists fail to do.

Senior Advisor

The postal service is required to put $5 billion per year in the retirement plan for employees, which the congress quickly borrows rather than raising your taxes. Kind of funny that you would down grade the postal service while they are picking up the tab for your spending! You can put seniorsin the same group. Your bankers that you wish to punish for lending you money.

Senior Contributor

Why not make farmers in areas where there is more risk of drought, hale, flooding, etc. pay more for crop insurance than others in less risky areas under Jput's philosophy? 

Senior Advisor

Why are you so opposed to hearing the truth? Did youever thinkmthat people might be weary of your whining to. Whining about the wasteful government with your mouth full of government subsidies. You just fail to see the hypocracy of that. Hobby farm is merely reminding you of that fact which you seemingly forget.

Senior Advisor

There are better health plans and government employees have it as do many in the business world. Those people do not need subsidized insurance. Why should they down grade an employees benefit package from what they already have. Do you have a logical reason for that? Obama care is the best option that could pass without one republican vote.

If you would have been a bit supportive we would have single payer which would treat us all the same, but for some odd reason republicans reject that notion when millions of people in other countries are quite happy with that arrangement.

Veteran Advisor

I believe that it is NOT that he doesn't like it. I think he is attempting to point out that if you complain about some "welfare queen" as lippy likes to say, is getting fed money while you are getting farm "welfare", you are a freaking hypocrit!