cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: Prove it, then Gough

@BA Deere wrote:

If you can show me where I EVER said that God created the world in 7 literal days, I`ll agree to be waterboarded for charity. I`ve never said that, because that isn`t what happened.  If you athiests want to dismiss the Bible so you`re free to believe that homosexualism is good, communism is good, owning "assault" rifles is bad, killing people with drones is good, abortion is good and free sickcare is good well have at it.   But it takes way more faith to believe that the universe just happened and earth just somehow was this privilaged planet that has food growing fresh water, atmosphere supporting ozone, the right distance from the sun for proper crop growing.....for all that to happen by chance is way higher odds than drawing a winning lottery ticket in every drawing since there have been lotteries.  But you do as you want, Gough.

Kudos.

gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

This is deteriorating into a pissing contest.  You can believe what you like and throw in all those little anaologies but they are so fanciful that it ends in laughter.  Delusionalism is not the answer to the question if god exists but suffer it most godbotherers do.  I have always tried to stick to the facts which are proven.  I consider most physicists to have more brains than some illegitimate hobo wandering around the middle east with his little bit on the side preaching about some mythical god who no one has ever seen. Then you have the audacity to tell me he died for me.  Up yours comrade. The next thing you will be telling me the sun will rise in the west.   

gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

Massive input as usual.

Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

Sorry, but I've already been psychoanalyzed, before we adopted our kids, and found to not be asylum worthy.

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

Took a lot of brain power for that gem, huh, gough!?

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

@BA Deere wrote:

If you can show me where I EVER said that God created the world in 7 literal days, I`ll agree to be waterboarded for charity. I`ve never said that, because that isn`t what happened.  If you athiests want to dismiss the Bible so you`re free to believe that homosexualism is good, communism is good, owning "assault" rifles is bad, killing people with drones is good, abortion is good and free sickcare is good well have at it.   But it takes way more faith to believe that the universe just happened and earth just somehow was this privilaged planet that has food growing fresh water, atmosphere supporting ozone, the right distance from the sun for proper crop growing.....for all that to happen by chance is way higher odds than drawing a winning lottery ticket in every drawing since there have been lotteries.  But you do as you want, Gough.

You do know that the latest studies indicate there are billions of planets like the Earth in the Milky Way. Indeed the number calculated is 4.5 billion.

And you did note that was just the Milky Way.

Estimates are 100-200 galaxies in the universe and some of the highest numbers are up to 1000.

Hubble and other telescopes are continuing to look for and count more all the time to confirm these estimates but mulitpy all the numbers out and there are lots of chances for another planet like ours to have life on it.

Better chance than a winning lottery ticket!

FARM4EVER
Contributor

amen and

these thought provoking posts stir up a lot of emotion in us regardless of what you believe.  However, since I am new, is this off topic or is it a free for all topic selection?  I am hooked either way.  Love the forum.

Since we are on the topic I would love to know the scientific answer other than "there is no God".  a definitive answer from science doesn't exist; so I am glad I know where my faith lies and where I am headed. 

www.farm4ever.com

64073652_scaled_342x232.jpg

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

However Canuck, you can`t create that "life" in a air tight, vacuum chamber, I don`t care how many billion times that you try it.  If you want me to "create" hydrogen, I can do that with a electrolysis machine, seperate water into 1 part oxygen and 2 parts hydrogen, but I need the machine and the water to even get to the crucial first step.  I can make alcohol with a still and corn and sugar.  I can make C-4 explosive, but I need NH4NO3, a oven, racing fuel, a mortar and pestle, without the ingredients...even 1 ingredient is missing or if the heat is too high or too low, just one thing out of wack and you can`t make any of those things. And considering that you athiests are talking about the entire universe coming to being with....no ingredients...hello???  Now you`ve got 2 choices #1 the ingredients "always existed", well that flies in the face of science, specifically the the Laws of Thermodynamics.  or my choice #2 There is a God that is the Alpha and the Omega, that surpasses ALL human understanding.

gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

That is such a relief to hear.  Now I know exactly what I am dealing with.

gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

Re: amen and

I can answer that. Science does not have the answer to the statement you made. They are steady working through all the possible scenarios, not so much if there is a god but attempting to prove that with all the evidence thy gather and prove, the majority of people might have the time to think about the truth rather than continue to be delusional.  If you want to believe in god after that, it simply proves you are a nut like the rest of them.

Your faith is something you have to deal with if you join it with religion.  They are two completely things but most people join them.  When you die you will be either buried or cremated, or whatever.  But under no circumstance will you go to any heaven or paradise or anything else that a radical, hypnotic religion has spread as truth.  Just sit a little and have a deep think about it.  Science has discovered many facts and truths about the origins of man and the earth.  Religion has yet to provide one which could remotely be considered true. But you believe what you want if you get a warm inner glow from it.  Good Luck.