cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Re: Pure genius

With messed up logic like that, it's no wonder you are a repub!!!

Veteran Advisor

You can buy a house for under 4%, also a car for around 3%. GOP killed a bill to make student loans at .75% and introduced a bill to make it over 10%!! Why would they do that?
Senior Contributor

C'mon Kraft

Social payments have certainly helped a lot of row crop operators, and still do if I understand crop insurance right. The merchant on mainstreet doesn't get that. As far as you buying ground in 86 that was good business kudos to you.  But I think if I do understand the insurance racket in row crop ag correctly that 25 percent of the farmers would be done and gone if it were takin away, so yes I believe in a truly capitalist system "they" meaning farmers couldn't survive. There is simply too much money thrown around by these guys now.

Veteran Advisor

Don't if the lower interest rate was Warren's bill or not but why not get the interest rate lower and why would they (GOP) want to put it at over 10%??? Answer: the gop wants to make sure the bankers are happy and make lots of money so they will continue to give part of it to the party!!!
Veteran Advisor

It certainly seems to be working for the gop. They have given away the store to the rich donors!! Or don't they count in your equation???
Senior Advisor

Re: C'mon Kraft

Most of my years I never carried fedweral crop insurance. I did not farm in the desert. I farmed prime iowa farmland where it usually produces well. A bigger threat was the all mighty god throwing a hail storm at us. I will admit receiving subsidies as did most corn and soybean farmers.

I do beleive I would have survived without them. BTW I didn't write ag policy nor did I lobby for any legislation. Did I benefit from them, indeed I did.

Which poses the question. Are You a farmer? have you received farm subsidies? You must be amerchant on main street, that disrespects his farmer customers?

Just what is your axe to grind> Btw there are good odds that in the next 2 decades that 25 % of existing farmers will be gone and that will happen with a good or great farm economy.

Senior Advisor

Re:Educating our young people

Is it stealing to give basic education to our children? Elementary education? Middle school ? or high school? Why do we do that? Perhaps because we think it is to the government and society's benefit to educate our young.

So why would it benefit our country and society to furnish advanced education. More of society enabled to advance in education.  I can understand if you are one these education is for fools guys or you think the education disqualifies you from rational thinking. 

I just don't understand why some people beleive that education is a waste of public money.

Senior Contributor

Re: Re:Educating our young people

It would not be a waste of money if the local folks are in control of what is taught to their kids. Lets get the federal government out of our schools. 

Advisor

Are saying that there are no non-public options in your vicinity to send your kids to?
Advisor

$heeit.

At least they won't be cuttin' up no polliwogs and teachin' no evylution or sex nonsense.

If gettin' the ol' lady knocked up at 15 in the back of my barracuda 

(best **bleep** car ever) was good enough for us it is good enough for them..