cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

Question for 3020

Nohting from you on the capture of Mladic.  You've said here in the past that we were on the "wrong side" in Yugoslavia. Also hinted just recently that we may have also been on the "wrong side" in WW2.

Just wondering what you might be thinking. Is there an uproar in your circles over this possibly sending the wrong signals to the world?

I also saw that the Pope openly expressed some misginvings over some of his eary experiences. Is that creating any stir among the truly faithful?

4 Replies
Senior Advisor

Re: Question for 3020

@bruce MN wrote:

Nohting from you on the capture of Mladic.  You've said here in the past that we were on the "wrong side" in Yugoslavia. Also hinted just recently that we may have also been on the "wrong side" in WW2.

Just wondering what you might be thinking. Is there an uproar in your circles over this possibly sending the wrong signals to the world?

I also saw that the Pope openly expressed some misginvings over some of his eary experiences. Is that creating any stir among the truly faithful?

I don't know if we were on the wrong side in Yugoslavia or not, I don't think it was any of our business and it certianly did not improve our relation with anyone. Don't know what gives you the idea I "hinted" we were on the wrong side during WW2. The only signal I see we are sending to the world is the US President no longer needs congressional approval to go to war. As far as I know the Pope has said nothing to stir the faithful except the Beatification of Pope John Paul II.

Advisor

Not catholic but was a big fan of jp2.
Senior Advisor

I appreciate that.

Veteran Advisor

Not consulting with Congress goes back farther than Obama, my friend!  The law states "within 60 days" and Obama did it as did bush and every president that has found himself in a similar situation.