cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

Question for Meg Whitman.

Thus far you have spent Over $150 million of your own cash along with other millions to gain access to the Governors office in Sacramento.

Tell us why the tax system is so bad in America that you were able to earn and accumulate over a billion in assets. What the federal and state taxes so ornerous that it kept you from investing and growing? Was you stifled in your effort to build an empire? Why are you and those want to be billionaires complaining so much?

Do you realize how difficult it is for middle class working folks to accumulate even $100,000 in a personal nest egg. Yet the righties are chronically bellyaching about ornerous taxation.

A return to the Clinton tax rates would cost zillionaires like you an outrageous 3 cents more on those dollars you earn over $250k. I know I know it would be an economic disaster. You would never have the incentive to invest again. After all 20% capital Gains  over !5% would simply kill any economic activity. It would be just like the Clinton Years. Oppressive taxation and  broken economy and no jobs created.

Too bad there isn't an antibiotic folk illiterates like you. You are hopelessly stupid or greedy. Probably both.

40 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: Question for Meg Whitman.

Mr. Kraft, not sure she reads this forum.

BTW, what gives you the right to her money. She has already paid $.36/$1.00

Senior Contributor

A tax law I would like to see eliminated....1031 tax exchange.

Senior Contributor

You and your higher taxes. Get over it. Try to cut spending for once.

Senior Advisor

I doubt it. With stock options and the fancy dancy capital gains laws , she probably didn't pay as much average federal tax as you did. Now tell me do you think she could afford the extra 3% tax over  the current tax rate or do you think it would put her out of business.

Why is it you don't want to pay taxes and you don't want anyone else to pay taxes either. How do you propose we fund government?

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

3020, you do realize a 1031 exchange does not eliminate taxes it merely postpones them.  That being said I can't argue with you.

Senior Contributor

I think one of the things that is hurting Whitman is the fact that has spent so much of her own money on this election.  It tends to make some folks think she is trying to buy the governship.  I admit to having such feelings about Whitman just as I did when Kerry spent a nice chunk of his and his wife's fortune on his 2004 presidential bid.

At least Don rich Repubs are honest and complain abouthigher taxes while trying to avoid them as best is possible.  Rich Dems tell us we need to all pay higher taxes while they try their best to avoid paying them.

Hypocrisy thy name is John Kerry: Kerry avoids yacht taxes

When he ran for president in 2004, Sen. John Kerry of Massachusetts blasted “tax breaks for the wealthiest” and “offshore tax havens.”

Those words have come back to bite the five-term U.S. senator after a Boston paper reported last Friday that Kerry and his wife avoided a huge tax by docking their new $7 million yacht outside Massachusetts. According to the Boston Herald, which broke the story, Kerry saved more than $500,000 by keeping the 76-foot luxury sloop in Rhode Island.

If Kerry docked the boat in Massachusetts, he would have been liable for a onetime sales tax of about $440,000, plus an additional $70,000 each year in excise taxes. Rhode Island repealed taxes on yachts in 1993.

Veteran Contributor

Gosh....you must have missed the news.  Kerry claimed he only docked the boat in Rhode Island for convenience and that he would pay the taxes.  I wonder if he did that yet?

Senior Contributor

We are already paying 30-40 cents Mr Kraft. How much is enough? Do we just tax people until they are the verge of going out of business? It is her money, she earned, what gives the rest of us the right to spend it for her?

Veteran Advisor

What does 1031 have to do with Meg Whitman???  Maybe she should talk to Arnold about the job---but power loves power !!!!