cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: Kelly's History

Oh they loved her when she was a never Trumper. But they fire her the day after the apology for the black face discussion. Yeah. It was the low ratings.

ihmarty543282
Senior Contributor

Re: Question

The PC Police on patrol. Be carful.......My advice..........DO NOT EVEN TALK TO A WOMAN and for Gods sake dress as an LBGT to avoid disaster.

ihmarty543282
Senior Contributor

OK.......I will dress as a black Santa this Saturday evening................?

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

Re: Cultural Appropriation

The origin of Santa Claus is hundreds of years old and goes back a friar or monk named St. Nicholas, generally thought to be around 280 AD. Patara, near Myra in modern-day Turkey is the supposed location of the monk. Fast forward to the 1770s and St. Nick arrived in N. America through the Dutch Population. The Dutch called him Sinta Klaas. By the early 1800s, he began to be depicted in drawings and a few books, but he looked nothing at all like our modern day inage of Santa. By the 1890s, the Salvation Army sent out people dressed like Santa to collect funds and his image began to solidify.

To make a long story short, Santa began to be more and more popular and his likeness began to look like what we think of as Santa. Basically, you have a long evolution here of what Santa looks like that evolved with what Society thinks Santa looks like. 

I do not believe in Santa, but if I was forced to say what he looks like, I reckon this would be it:

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

Send pictures Marty!

Samthehumble
Senior Contributor

exactly.  So to keep with prog logic don't we need to ban white germainc santa?

of course you think blackface is funny so you may be asked to turn in your prog card.

ihmarty543282
Senior Contributor

Probably not. This old guy will most likely be home... May have some "trick or treaters"................Once my wife dressed as a border patrol agent and I was an illegal (complete with Sombrero)....Not that many years ago.............My, how times change........... 

ihmarty543282
Senior Contributor

Just thought about this..............Once at a local pub a man came in dressed as OBL a year or two after 911.........He did not win any prizes.......

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

Very reactionary Sam. My advice is quit flying off the handle on an emotional roller coaster every time something ticks you off a little. You'll live longer and be happier. Santa will live on much longer and you'll never see a difference in your lifetime.

Samthehumble
Senior Contributor

You come here to defend firing people over a slight and accuse others of being reactionary?