cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Re: Quick poll

If it makes you happy I am thinking that “conservatives” rise to the top out of the ashes.

Regardless who wins what in the fall.

We’ll be back to “yeah, but how you going to pay for it?”

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

@bruce MN wrote:

Moot point. No one knows for absolute sure on that so err on the side of caution. 

But yes, you win. For certain. The prevailing culture is not wired for this and cynical individualism is going to prevail. There will be no wide spread,  accepted method or action.  Either as voluntarily and universally adopted or by, as in some countries, authoritarian edict. Iran and Hungary doing considerably better on all fronts.  

Sweden squared. At minimum. 

I have tons of questions about the whole pandemic that are curious to me at this point.   Whether the austere lockdown or none at all is the right approach I'll bet is just a difference of when to take your lumps.  I think it'll take at least a year to really know. 

One thing is for certain. retirement communities should be on severe lock downs with no one in no one out.  Pay the people what it takes but employees don't leave.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

I'm not sure that the Federal executive could have stopped governors from taking emergency action, at least without a protracted court battle that would have taken long enough to make it immaterial.

The people of Ohio seem quite pleased with DeWine who apparently was taking advice from the head of the Cleveland Clinic.

In the administration you had a pharma lobbyist/exec at HHS, a stripped bare Federal stockpile and systems etc. I suppose a fatal error might have been to not let the states know that the Feds had little capacity to help and no interest, so they might have reacted differently. They no doubt assumed there would be help and cooperation rather than The Hunger Games.

bruce MN
Advisor

From nearly everything I’ve seen that is exactly what has happened.

Turdy’s Cuomo anecdote aside. 

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

DeBlasio is the goat in that story but he’s not vying with D for air time.

Edmund55
Senior Contributor

(Nox - you do a great job on here.  And I thank you for it.         Nox - keep doing what you’re doing.  These idiots here, the Trumpers, don’t deserve the insight you bring here daily.  The rest of us thank you!)

Nox, get tick tock's check in the mail immediately, or meet her at the home improvement center and get her paid there - and thank you for the bonus free laugh for the rest of us tt - we didn't deserve that nice of a gesture.

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

@bruce MN wrote:

From nearly everything I’ve seen that is exactly what has happened.

Turdy’s Cuomo anecdote aside. 

If you're referring to my comment on retirement centers what I said is not what has happened.  No where I know of.

bruce MN
Advisor

Been standard fare up this way for 3 months. Lots of people suffering and dying alone.  Lots of staff draging it out with them and taking it home.

And bereaved families getting phone notifications. 

elcheapo
Veteran Advisor

Lets get the buggy back on

The road.

If there was a shot, would you take

It ?

Yes, if it was safe.

Vaccines have saved thousands

Of lives and millions of dollars

In medical cost.

But....where do you get "the mark

Of the devil" ?

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

@bruce MN wrote:

Been standard fare up this way for 3 months. Lots of people suffering and dying alone.  Lots of staff draging it out with them and taking it home.

And bereaved families getting phone notifications. 

"And taking it home"

You didn't read or understand what I said.  Employee's of senior facilities going home and coming back is a vector.   Pay people what's required for them to not leave, not go home. Put campers in the parking lot if necessary.  No one in without a quarantine period.   30-50% of deaths in each state have been in nursing homes.   Lock down nursing homes, far cheaper than locking down the entire nation.