cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Re: Quite a guy this paul ryan

So does my son in law get to write off his new truck simply because he is creating a job for someone? No he doesn't because it is not a business expense. Yet his purchase creates jobs as much as your new truck does.

Always the tax code is rigged to favor business while still socking it to the working man.

Givng a tax break to high income earners does not mean they will create jobs. So why should they get favorable tax rates to the working class?  Because you got hundreds of people justlike you lobbying for favorable treatment. You act like you are over taxed and you ain't paying ****!

Hawken Cougar
Senior Contributor

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

I didn't say ryan thinks anyone is a parasite.  sammy, hawk, steelman, 3020, ollie et al seem to think and even call those of us who have finally been fortunate enough to retire parasites because we don't "produce".  Of course, both parties want to keep their pork but there are plenty of military items that don't involve half the town working on them.  I would direct you to the list of votes made by ryan and see that they mainly affect women and retirees among others.

cotman03
Senior Contributor

You said tractors in your first note.  Now you've switched to pickup trucks. 

I don't see where the tax code socks it to the working man.  I don't think you were ever a working man either so what the h*ll do you know.  You owned a business as far as I know and wrote off expenses just like I do.  You own 3 houses and have dental work done in Mexico because of it. 

I never said giving a tax break to all high income earners means they will in turn create jobs.  You asked specifically if a $200,000 tractor should be allowed to be written off in the year of purchase and I said yes.  That creates jobs according to the people who write the tax rules.  I didn't write them but will take full advantage when possible.  BTW, I do pay alot in taxes, more than most of the working men you say get a bad deal even though I can deduct things they can't, and got hammered hard this year because I didn't buy one of those tractors. 

cotman03
Senior Contributor

He seems to have a strong anti abortion stance.  I have a hard time believing that a stance against abortion is a stance against women.  Do all women want to be able to get abortions?  Do all mothers want their teenage daughters to be able to get abortions?  I think not.  Equating being anti abortion to being anti woman is just liberal election jargon.

I do think that when push come to shove and cuts have to be made to save things like social security/medicare/medicaid that retirees are going to have to step up and share in the burden, whatever that may be.  They don't seem to be very open to that now.     

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Most of are far more willing to sacrifice than any of you rightwingers are but we dig in our heels when your side wants ONLY us to sacrifice.  Cause some sacrifice for the upper income classes and I will be glad to take a cut or have means testing on SS and Medicare but not with my paid into earned with over 50 years of my sweat and hard work pensions.

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

You didn't get hammered! You paid what you are supposed to pay.

r3020
Senior Advisor

First thing that needs reform is the 1031 tax exchange.

Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

Just a dumb question, but if your grandchild comes to you, and says they want a cookie, and you say 'no, not before dinner', do you hate that grandchild?

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

Unbelieveable.