cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bruce MN
Advisor

Re: BA, here's one of those CrazyHot RW chicks

Brings me back to the turn of the decade around 1970.   Was in college in a MN river town with a mixed economy. For whatever reason a bunch of us chose to hang out in a small blue collar bar on a side street.  Many evenings every other juke box play was  "Okie".  Along with glares at any of us with hair touching the tops of our ears and declarations of "You Xxx Dxxx right Merle!!".  Quite the time. Crazy how somebody (Sussell) would still be floating the meme that if you question the wisdom of invading another country that it makes you a troops hater.  A "troop spitter".  Heartbreaking that there would be as few as one person on this country who would bite on that. BUt instead, it's a sizable industry. 

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Bruce, that attitude runs rampant on this forum.  If you say any soldier or any cop is a dirtbag, you are accused of most everything!  I know better than most here that there are some serious dirtbags in the Army!  Very few but they are there!!!

hardnox
Advisor

Anyway, back to the original.. Merle was OK by me, although I'm not a big country fan. I've never much cared for the Nashville sound, Bakersfiield is better and Austin best, imho.

Couldn't help myself from throwing the first meatball in today's foodfight though, as I'm 100% certain that if there was an artist who carried a different cultural image and had the same CV he'd be gettin' whacked.

Reminds me of when I had a summer job working in a factory. One of the guys there was the music leader  at a little pentecostal church and just loved Johnny Cash. He probably went to his grave hating me for informing him that Cash didn't go to jail for "killing a man in Reno" it was just petty drug stuff and the guy didn't care in any way shape or form for that sort of stuff or the people who did it. Killin's better, I guess.

BTW, Johnny was OK by me as well, but just the facts ma'am.

bruce MN
Advisor

I'd never heard of this wench. Holy cow....https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debbie_Schlussel

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Yes Nox, her and I would make beautiful babies with blue eyes  Smiley Tongue   

About Merle, he was a Democrat and I understand that, I guess I am willing to give him a very wide berth because i`ve never lost a parent at 9 or hopped a freight train or been in prison.  I can understand where people like that are coming from and although every day they continue defending Democrats, they are more and more wrong.

I can honestly understand a working person that voted for Jimmy Carter or Bill Clinton.  However anyone that did not have "voters remorse" after Obama`s first year has run out of excuses for their own stupidity IMO

r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: R.I.P Merle Haggard

I never followed Merle's politics but shore did enjoy his music. May God grant him eternal rest and peace.

hardnox
Advisor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKWmFWRVLlU

Be careful- looks like a 9/9.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Debbie is the key.

Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

@r3020 wrote:

I never followed Merle's politics but shore did enjoy his music. May God grant him eternal rest and peace.

image.jpg

Me too.,... The same with John Denver. His politics were "far out", but his songs were great, and no one could pick a 12 string like he could. 

Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

@schnurrbart wrote:

Yes and he thought today's repubs are all a bunch of two bit punks for the disgraceful treatment of our president!

image.jpeg

He represents everything un-American. He's not my president. He's just a pretender.