cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

RBG about done.

RBG about done in more ways than one. What are you guys going to do now?

9 Replies
Veteran Advisor

Re: RBG about done.

What? She doesn’t get time to fully recover from major surgery?
Senior Advisor

She now has pneumonia. May God extend his healing hand and grant her comfort and peace.

Honored Advisor

If "something" does happen, it would be best sooner than later.  If  "it" happens in 2020, then the democrats will play the republican card that happened with Garland during Obama year before the upcoming election to replace Justice Scalia.

Senior Contributor

she has over 50 million reasons to try and make peace before she leaves for eternal judgement.

Senior Contributor

Even for the most healthy and fit among us, none are immortal.

I carry no portfolio for RBG today. Like all human beings, I wish her only well. Nevertheless, given her age, her recent major surgery, and her reported past medical history; the recovering Supreme might be well advised to have her affairs in order right now.

Senior Contributor

Nah Polaris, they beat this horse they're riding to death in another thread.  No pun intended.  Well, ok maybe a little.

But she's going to outlive us all....just ask them.   Nothing about the story makes sense, but there's a high concentration of oncologists here to refute the peer reviewed study i posted.

She is going to cause a gathering of influential people in dark clothing in the real near future.   But, I'm sure there'll be a plausible explanation that most can swallow.  Never mind the fact that her demise is predictable because of holes in the story.  

Veteran Advisor

I wish her the best in her recovery.  Still, she should just retire.  We need an age limit on the justices, upon which they must retire.  I suggest mandatory retirement on 80th birthday, if not retired earlier, any justices already over 80 can serve under previous rules(?).

Senior Contributor

Supreme Court

I don't know how the Supreme Court operates, but I'd be surprised if a judge that is starting to slip is the major factor in a decision.

Each justice has some very sharp law clerks who will be able to present information on both sides of an issue.

Each justice can talk with other justices who may point out issues with the thought process leading up to a conclusion.

Surely all of us want mentally sharp, astute justices on the Supreme Court.  I wonder if there is any history that is well documented of justices who took a bad position because of their mental health as it relates to their age?

Senior Contributor

Re: Supreme Court

You'd be hard press to find a decision where one side wouldn't call it a bad decision.  

So...now all you have to do is choose a judge with mental health concerns.