cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Re: RIP Steven Hawking

20 yes how many did he turn away from God? Have any idea? All he did is express the science. If people decided to turn, they go do of their own accord. Don’t think he went around preaching damnstion if you didn’t believe his ideas!
cmilligan1958g
Senior Contributor

...and he thought that wheelchair was he11.....🔥

r3020
Senior Advisor

I hope and pray none.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Show me where I "put down Stephen Hawking"???   I never met the man, years ago I heard he allowed for "intelligent design", then kind of became an atheist.  It`s possible that he had a deathbed conversion to Christianity, he was a smart guy perhaps he did, if he didn`t he was pretty stupid.

As far as Trump, I like his policies (he has Christian political policies) how he conducts his personal life is a separate issue, but there again, I don`t know what`s in his heart as far as Jesus.   Maybe Obama was a Christian as he claimed...I don`t know, if he really is a Christian, he`s a dumb one.   But I`m not the judge of any of these people (thank God!  I don`t want that responsibility).  

See the source image
schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Baba do you really think a person has two sets of morals-one for business and one for the rest?? There is NOTHING Christian about the guy. NOTHING!!’
r3020
Senior Advisor

Makes him like Hawking when it come to faith then eh.

rsbs
Veteran Advisor

Good Words to Remember

Reserving judgement for the Lord and going on about our earthly lives is a good way to live. I need to work on that I know. On the other hand, having a degree of discretion as opposed to a judgement based mentality is a good way to live. It is a gray area as to what goes too far.

I don't know if Trump has confessed his many sins and is right with the Lord, or even with his wife as far as that goes. Same with BJ Clinton, and it is no longer my concern. If Trump would be shown to be having an affair with a young intern, while POTUS, I would support his removal from office via impeachment just like I did with BJ Clinton. If all the smoke is about something that happened 15 years ago, when Trump was a private citizen, I think it's ridiculous. Fair enough?

I don't know enough about Hawking to comment on him. I do remember that he had his own scandal to deal with and hopefully he made things right.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: Good Words to Remember

Yes Red, we don`t know what people`s inner challenges are until we`ve walked in their moccasins.   Like Hawking he couldn`t talk on his own, perhaps under it all he was heroically battling demons and if I was put to the same test, I would fail miserably.  

I judge people when I shouldn`t, in Ames the other day, the Wife and I drove past 2 different panhandlers asking for money, less than a block from them were 2 different restaurants with "help wanted" signs...even my liberal Wife says "there`s something wrong with this picture".  But although I agreed with her snap judgement, I ultimately haven`t walked in their shoes.  

In the Bible there were people processed with demons and Jesus cast them out and they went into hogs that couldn`t handle it and drown themselves in the sea.  Perhaps when we don`t understand someone, that is what they are battling internally.  cough cough  Liberals

See the source image