cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

RP needed to win in iowa

In order to have a big impact, that is. Now the bandwagon effect is likely to started nicking away at his support.

I've always said that if there is to be a libertarian realignment of politics, Ron Paul wasn't the anointed one, he's John the Baptist, making straight the path for the true anointed one.

Looks like Gary Johnson has decided to run for the Libertarian nod. A lot to like about him although he's practical enough that some of RP's most ideological base may have a hard time accepting him.

I think that is more than balanced by the appeal that Johnson has to more of the mainstream as a successful entrepreneur and governor. And he doesn't have all the baggage that Paul cartries by association with certain elements of the libertarian camp who are simply never going to be acceptable to a large portion of the mainstream.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Johnson

8 Replies
Highlighted

PS

Good news for Ron as John the Baptist is that he probably won't even have to have his head put on a platter.

Highlighted
Advisor

Re: RP needed to win in iowa

Clear the way for Rand.
Highlighted
Advisor

He did make a big impact and the other candidates did not dominate consider a couple months ago the MSM was claiming he would be soundly defeated, it's going to be more difficult for the GOP hierarchy to peddle their Big Lie..  I believe he won when you consider the all out Big Lie effort to train sheeple to parrot the phrases that Paul is unelectable, along with the msm attacks portraying him as some kind of racist and freak.   Judging from the exit polls, etc. the Big Lie about RP being un-electable seems to be the one which stuck to the wall and I guess prevented him from dominating the caucus.   Like DK wrote yesterday Iowa's GOP is dominated by holy rollers who rallied behind Insanitorum when the other candidates who were pandering to them were obviously failing.   I believe he will do better outside of the bible belt, NH will be the important one for RP to win or place close to the top.   Ricky is a loser Nationally.

It's about delegates and the big states will not be holding their primaries for a couple months, if none of them have enough delegates it will be a very interesting convention. 

Highlighted
Advisor

The drudge poll yesterday was interesting. Over half a million votes RP was almost 10% ahead of romney. They blocked duplicates. It would be interesting to see the demographic break down on that.
Highlighted
Advisor

That's interesting enough but I tend to be rather skeptical about on-line polls as the start out with the bias of who it is that visits the site doing the polling.

But then Drudge draws movement conservatives and that's who GOP voters at this stage probably are but still a poll at Drudge is about as valuable to the overall end outlook on something as one at the Huffington Post would be.

Paul is going to have staying power.

We have an emergency boradcast test and all of the city sirens sound  up here...I think they may do so everywhere...at noon of the first Wednesday.  I happened to be in town when it went off today and heard somebody say that it was being done in lieu of the ringing  church bells over the death of the Bachmann campaign

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

@bruce MN wrote:

That's interesting enough but I tend to be rather skeptical about on-line polls as the start out with the bias of who it is that visits the site doing the polling.

But then Drudge draws movement conservatives and that's who GOP voters at this stage probably are but still a poll at Drudge is about as valuable to the overall end outlook on something as one at the Huffington Post would be.

Paul is going to have staying power.

We have an emergency broadcast test and all of the city sirens sound  up here...I think they may do so everywhere...at noon of the first Wednesday.  I happened to be in town when it went off today and heard somebody say that it was being done in lieu of the ringing  church bells over the death of the Bachmann campaign

Somebody in your town has a sense of humor.

Bachmann's folks, with the exception of Kent Sorenson, will mostly go over to Rick Santorum.  Maybe Michelle will work out a deal with him to be the V-President running mate.   Makes sense.  Both have the same goals, she is from the Upper Midwest  and he is from the Rust Belt.

I think that Newt is going to run interference for Santorum with Romney.  Just 307 days left to sort it all out.

Highlighted
Advisor

Right, drudge is an aggregator than conservatives visit, that's who we're interested in polling. If we wanted to know the fruit bat pick we'd of course go to huffpo.
Highlighted
Advisor

That's an intersting twist on Newt.  I'm guessing he sticks around as long as he can to get the face time for his future efforts.   And who knows, with the way the Iowa thing jumped around (Our Shelly won the Ames straw poll just a few months ago) he might get some sort of a bounce out of something that happens down the road.   Blocking Mitt?  He might do that just for fun.

I'm quessing that you had an enjoyable and gratifying time over the past couple of days.