cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Raum??

I guess now all the soldiers from Chicago don't have a home town!  Seems a higher court has determined that he is no longer a citizen of Chicago because he left the city to take a temporary job in DC.  He will take it to the Illinois SC.

15 Replies
Veteran Contributor

Re: Raum??

It has been reported today that the city of Chicago has been paying severance pay to city employees who quit their jobs, a twist on the practice of severance pay for those who are fired or laid off.  Maybe Raum should file a claim for severance for a job he never started.  No wonder the state of Illinois is in such dire straits financially. 

Veteran Advisor

Must not have made the internet yet.  Can't find anything on that.  Why would someone claim severance pay for a job he never did?  Such garbage!!!

Senior Advisor

You have never heard of golden parachutes where people get severance pay for taking early retirement?

Senior Contributor

Veteran Contributor

The part about Emmanuel taking severance pay was a joke.  The other was not.  Chicago has paid something over 3 million dollars to employees who quit or retired on their own.      Since you couldn't find it, here it is   http://video.foxnews.com/v/4508721/workers-sue-over-lost-severance-perk

Senior Contributor

not for useless gov workers --they wouldnt know how to use a parachute--i love this game

Senior Contributor

Re: ole yeller

when did a gov worker ever do a job --they. are just professinoal beggars

Senior Contributor

be careful when you post facts the libs like surebutt will run and hide

Veteran Advisor

Re: Before you go off half-cocked......

I have read it and the main thing was that he leased his home while he was working in DC.  He DIDN'T sell it so that meant that he intended to return to it.  I think the dissension on this was correct.  However, I also think it is mute because the election is less than a month away and I think they won't act to hear it in that amount of time left in order for him to get his name on the ballot.  I am sure that some Congressmen who take their families to DC also lease their home to help pay for it and not leave it empty for several years.  But we shall see what the SC of IL does with it.