cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hardnox604008
Veteran Advisor

Reagan Insider: GOP Destroyed the Economy

Of course Stockman was always suspect among the true believers

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/story/print?guid=C387638C-41A3-499B-9315-5AF8940C47DD

7 Replies
Canuck_2
Veteran Advisor

Re: Reagan Insider: GOP Destroyed the Economy

I think the following quote spells out the big risk to society    "an unpredictable black swan triggers another, bigger global meltdown, followed by a long Great Depression II and a historic class war."    and yet those who have continue to want more and more leaving those with little to nothing to get angrier.

Have been involved in the past with deciding pay scale for management. Managers in the US are paid substantially more in relation to the workers than managers in Canada. The difference is so big that if I dug out the old numbers and posted here I expect many reading it would not believe I got it correct. From memory (that means it could be wrong) Canadian managers in the same fields got 50-60% more than workers under them and US managers got 4-5 times the workers wage.

That is what can start the 'class war' the discrepancies in the "classes".

Now I understand the 'haves' want to keep more regarding the discussion on the tax cuts which are ending.         

BA Deere
Senior Contributor

Hey Nox, do you moonlight as a headline writer for the New York Times?  LoL, your postline has a little different slant than the story. I do agree with what Stockman said in that the GOP "destroyed" the economy by avoiding a depression. Through out history we`ve had depressions every 60-70 years and were due for one in the late 80`s. It would have been far better to have taken our medicine at the time, instead of going pedal to the metal and hitting the "NOS" switch. Had there been a 80`s depression there would be a better class of billionaires today.

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

If ever a link deserved a standing ovation this one does.

Noxy. This is an incredible offering to our dialogue.

Kraftedbydemocrats
Senior Contributor

I think something just froze over. Kraft is believing what a republican said. Holy cow, I never thought I would see the day.

Samnospam
Advisor

'bout time he came through on the quid pro qou for getting those fraud charges dropped.

wehav
Senior Contributor

just curious, why didn't Clinton in 8 years fix the problem?

Clinton had 8 years to fix all the problems created by Reagan, so why didn't he? 

4wd
Senior Contributor

Re: just curious, why didn't Clinton in 8 years fix the problem?

He was too busy bombing pill factories in Iraq and diddling congressional aids, then renting out the white house for cash and favors..

Sorry my fellow demos, just had to say it. I didn't care for him, but Bob Dole would have been worse.