cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: Reaganomics

The thing is, the Zuckerbergs, Gates, Buffets, Kochs ect ect ect what do they have really?  just federal reserve notes, when money is inflated to balance the books with "cheaper dollars" that will hit them too like the rest of us.  If they own a penthouse in Trump Towers property tax will get raised and they`ll have to pay that just like the guy with a quarter in Hancock county.  Some playing at those highest levels will find out at their monthly 3rd Monday lodge meeting the warning before TSHTF and they can buy gold and move to their villa in Paraguay...be "raptured" out of here, if you will  Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Advisor

Which one of the two of you did your Mom seem to like more?

Highlighted
Advisor

I doubt that 'da boyz that you mention carry around all that much cash.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Actually an 80 acre farm in wright county is taxes at about $25 per acre with a value of close to $1 mill= $2000 taxes

A $200 K home in bixby ok costs me $2250 in real estate taxes. So don't think the city boys are getting a free ride on real estate taxes.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

I hate to say it out loud to give them ideas, but if times got tough they could easily triple or quadruple land tax in Iowa...though not as long as Terry is governor   Smiley Wink

good Lord Don, don`t tell those Minnesota guys that we pay "only" $25 land tax...you`ll cause a riot Smiley Very Happy 

Talking to my city friends, their property tax isn`t even on their radar...I don`t know what their house tax is $5-10,000 but as long as they have one making 6 figures and another making 5 figures...they are actually more hyper about gas taxes going up by a dime to finally repair the roads they bust up.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@OKdon wrote:

Actually an 80 acre farm in wright county is taxes at about $25 per acre with a value of close to $1 mill= $2000 taxes

A $200 K home in bixby ok costs me $2250 in real estate taxes. So don't think the city boys are getting a free ride on real estate taxes.

Does that $2,000 tax on the Wright county farm include a $200,000 home?

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

In Buffet`s case he probably doesn`t carry over $50 in his wallet, he maybe doesn`t have a huge amount in his checking account either.  His stash is probably mostly investments, stocks, but they are denominated in US dollars.   As long as the greenback is "the nicest house in the bad neighborhood" those aforementioned will do alright.  The SHTF may never happen, things are run on confidence we may have finally figured out a perpetual motion machine.  As long as the rest of the world doesn`t bounce uncle Sam`s checks...and perhaps it`s in lesser countries best interest to keep the charade going.  Dow 36,000 here we come!