cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bruce MN
Advisor

Realizing that radical right wing messaging....

...is actually new and revolutionary sounding to you gen Xers and potential "losters", but there is nothing new under the sun. 

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/blogs/national-affairs/why-conservatives-are-still-crazy-after-...

9 Replies
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Let me pick a part this yellow journalism.

First of all Bruce, Rush isn`t a "pill popper", he had severe ear pain and took pain pills for that, God forbid that any of us would have to go through that.  The "booed gay soildier" deal, there shouldn`t have been a "gay soldier" in the first place..George Washington had a gay soldier drummed out of the military as has been policy until the last year.  I always try to be nice but when your author said "Republicans in Arizona wanted a bill so employers could fire a woman using birth control" not to sound like Johnaa but that is a Bloviating Liar Liar Liar!!! if one actually follows the links the actual bill is the employer SHOULDN`T HAVE TO PAY FOR THE BIRTH CONTROL!!! As a matter of fact, how in God`s name would a employer know that a woman is on the pill if she pays for it on her own???

r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: Let me pick a part this yellow journalism.

I've noticed a bit of shrill in Bruce's post of late. I think he realizes the left is on the wrong side of this whole birth control issue. There is no war on women as the wingnuts are trying to make us believe but there is 100% certainty a war on freedom with Barack Hussein Obama UUM, UUM, UUMMMMM leading the charge.

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

Your really having a bad run of luck, BA. Because you have stepped in it again. May I suggest? It might be a good time to go to bed? LOL!!

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/314650/20120315/arizona-birth-control-bill-fire-women-religious.htm

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

Hey, parrot, you would serve yourself better, if you would research some of these topics yourself, your nothing more than a cheerleader, that makes you look incompetent.http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/314650/20120315/arizona-birth-control-bill-fire-women-religious.htm

r3020
Senior Advisor

They can spend the $.35/day and buy it themselves.

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

Why? That's what they pay the big bucks for insurance for, it's taken out of their wages! You stingy, ignorant people them to pay for it twice?  

r3020
Senior Advisor

@GreaTOne_65 wrote:

Why? That's what they pay the big bucks for insurance for, it's taken out of their wages! You stingy, ignorant people them to pay for it twice?  

Obama is the insurance companies best friend.

Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

1)

If the insruance company is forced to provide a service, even for $1 a day or less, does anyone here really believe that they will not just pass the cost onto the customer, anyway?  Except maybe for the air we breathe, nothing is free.  The costs will be made up somewhere, most likely in higher premiums.

When the employer gets the higher insurance premiums, what do you think they will do?  Do you really think the board will read the accountant's report, and say 'hey, we made less profit this year because of extra healthcare costs, let's give everyone a raise!'?

The 'free' birth controll will NOT be free, the costs will just be transferred, and money shuffled around from here to there.

2)
I stopped reading the article, as soon as I came upon where it said ....'George Soros made his money by virtue'....

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Let me ask you this GTO, should the Catholic church be forced to hire Priests that are married? Nuns?  In my ELCA Lutheran church they voted to allow "gay" Pastors, now as a Church councilperson we were told that this would NOT force us to hire a gay Pastor.  If we were intreviewing new Pastors and one stated up front that he is gay we could say "Nope! We don`t hire #######! Hit the road!".  In other words we would be protected under the first amendment`s freedom of speech/freedom of religion to effectively..discriminate.  The Catholic church, I imagine in some circles doesn`t want to accept women employees that are on the "pill" the first amendment should take care of that for them and no "bill" would be required.  A Catholic employee could go to her doctor with her own money and buy all the birth control that she could possibly swallow, stick in or inject and it would be confidencial.  Here`s one fer ya GTO, the clinic system that my Wife works for will fire you for smoking anytime that you`re on the clock, even at lunch 2 miles from the clinic. Also I believe they won`t hire smokers ..period.  Smoking has been around since before Jesus and here it`s okay fine to discriminate against their asses.  George Washington  grew tobbaco, for Christ sakes.