cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Reason behind Obama care

Federal bailout of state governments health care pensions.

snip-

Assembly Republican leader Kristin Olsen of Modesto disagreed, pointing to the spiraling costs.

"Moving forward, we have to make changes to the program so it can survive," she said.

Some money could be saved by shifting state workers into the insurance exchanges set up by Obama's healthcare law. If retirees qualify for federal subsidies, the state could spend less to provide the benefit.

http://www.latimes.com/local/politics/la-me-pol-california-healthcare-20150109-story.html

31 Replies
Highlighted
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Some hints

Who do you think the following description of rules is meant to protect? Why is the government protection of monopolies ever mentioned in discussing why costs are so high? Medicines cannot be mailed or shipped from Mexico to the United States. U.S. Customs and the U.S. Postal Service inspect all arriving packages and medicines are excluded from the list of allowable items. To be specific, neither the pharmacy nor private individuals can circumvent this regulation. Only DEA registered pharmaceutical companies can legally ship medicine into the U.S. (Similarly the Mexican Aduana will seize U.S. medicines arriving in the mail destined for a Mexican address). Carrying Medicines Into The United States U.S. Customs is “spot specific” on the rules governing the importation of medicine by individuals into the United States. You must declare your medicines at U.S. Customs. You may be asked if the medicines are for individual (your) personal consumption. Only the person who is to consume the medicine is allowed to be in possession of the medicine upon entering the United States. The following regulation is applicable everywhere in the United States: "It is illegal (a felony) to sell, give away, dispense, or transfer possession of prescription medicine".
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: Some hints

That's all new?  All just since ACA? BTW   Important, and not good.  Just sayin'

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@bruce MN wrote:

That's all new?  All just since ACA? BTW   Important, and not good.  Just sayin'

Does Obama care address any of that? Just askin. But Obama care does allow the states to dump their medical pensioners onto the federal government. Why is that?

Highlighted
Advisor

Of course it doesn'.  who do you think wrote the specs?  I'm waiting, as I'm sure you are, for this new GOP led Congress with it's newfound populist makeup to address those matters as they set out to improve ACA or dump and replace it with something that is more of a people's program.  I'm certan that they'll stand up to big pharma and big insurance to get drug costs down and to get you your old policy back.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@bruce MN wrote:

Of course it doesn'.  who do you think wrote the specs?  I'm waiting, as I'm sure you are, for this new GOP led Congress with it's newfound populist makeup to address those matters as they set out to improve ACA or dump and replace it with something that is more of a people's program.  I'm certan that they'll stand up to big pharma and big insurance to get drug costs down and to get you your old policy back.

So now you're ready for some obstructionism.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Its related to the article you posted. 

Cost of health care is out of control because of the government,  more government wont fix that. 

Highlighted
Advisor

Been ready for that since God knows when.  I'll be lke BA and grab a year out of the air.  1992 comes to mind.  That's probably "the day the music died".

Highlighted
Advisor

You want it left to the relvant complexes then?  Costs will go down, for sure, as use would drop through the floor.