Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Some hints

Would have to make who do what?

Highlighted
Advisor

Mr. Market ain't gonna do wat you say.  It would require a reset. It will land in a pile before it adjusts on it's own or by volution

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@bruce MN wrote:

Mr. Market ain't gonna do wat you say.  It would require a reset. It will land in a pile before it adjusts on it's own or by volution

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH, I get it now......too big to fail. So we HAVE to keep doing what......wait for it......FAILS!!!!!

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Gonna land in a pile anyhow.

Highlighted
Advisor

And there you'll stan', all sick and span......and depending on who you're talkng to saying either "Don't look at me" or "I told you so". With old Freddie H. and Medicaid Ayn smiling down on you from Olympus.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@bruce MN wrote:

And there you'll stan', all sick and span......and depending on who you're talkng to saying either "Don't look at me" or "I told you so". With old Freddie H. and Medicaid Ayn smiling down on you from Olympus.

And there you stand...." the man".

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Why would a rational person want to participate in a world where expecting an industry to live by the same rules of every other industry is a fairy tale, but socializing the industry is a reasonable expectation.    You build mistakes on your mistakes and illegalize propriety.  

Highlighted
Advisor

I fully expect thaty you know well that I agree with 90% of that.  Only not the do nothing part, so that one could stand back and see "See!" or "Now what?".

But yeah, on the using a bad model thing.  But be sure to put that on who and what it should go on.  And with doing nothing, without trying the monster only gets more dangerous.  It's been on the table a long, long time. Whle the monsters consumed and grew. What we got was a piece of a little bit better croy capitialism junk. Which it is, based on teh large number of peope covred who weren't and weren't going to be.  What makes it so hideous to hear is all ofall of the cries of socialims.  If only it were.  Then there could be a rational dscusson.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Capitalism is the answer.

Get rid of Obamacare, Medicare, medicaid and a competitive market will provide the least expensive health care ever. And every one will be able to afford it. Just like a minimum wage worker can lobster tail and a new mercedes. Yes some medical procedures will cost more than that mercedes.

Ah but we live and breathe capitalism. Those other countries they negotiate with the pharmaceutical companies and buy their drugs for less than we do. I guees that competitive spirit really pays out for americans. 

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

@Samthehumble wrote:
Who do you think the following description of rules is meant to protect? Why is the government protection of monopolies ever mentioned in discussing why costs are so high? Medicines cannot be mailed or shipped from Mexico to the United States. U.S. Customs and the U.S. Postal Service inspect all arriving packages and medicines are excluded from the list of allowable items. To be specific, neither the pharmacy nor private individuals can circumvent this regulation. Only DEA registered pharmaceutical companies can legally ship medicine into the U.S. (Similarly the Mexican Aduana will seize U.S. medicines arriving in the mail destined for a Mexican address). Carrying Medicines Into The United States U.S. Customs is “spot specific” on the rules governing the importation of medicine by individuals into the United States. You must declare your medicines at U.S. Customs. You may be asked if the medicines are for individual (your) personal consumption. Only the person who is to consume the medicine is allowed to be in possession of the medicine upon entering the United States. The following regulation is applicable everywhere in the United States: "It is illegal (a felony) to sell, give away, dispense, or transfer possession of prescription medicine".

You can import medicines.  I've not had an issue with importing prescription drugs.  I've not purchased controlled substances, but everything else goes through.