cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Re: Reasons and excuses

@r3020 wrote:

@KNAPPer wrote:

R3020..Obviously what I wrote went unheard. There are NO LOANERS. Whatever the bent, there are support groups at their side as easy as logging into a website.Whatever the hate, they can find other people that will feed their fear and support their dementia. There are no isolated loaners in this century.

No, we do not need to let this weirdo steal our freedom. He is a true threat to the right to keep and bear arms. He is a true threat to freedom of speech. So are his friends on any number of websites who think the best way to get your point across is at the receiving end of a Glock 9MM. We need to fight these type of thieves and that means we need to agree that we can work together to solve our own problems through the system the Founding Fathers gave us, by votes and political discourse, but we can't demonize each other.

I heard you, you are wrong. The guy was a loaner. He killed because he is a murderer, not because of some "group" he belonged to or supported.

So you are willing to ignore any influence on a mixed up persons mind that violent retoric can have?

Not much in our present society happens without outside influence.

Senior Contributor

He's a nut case. The only thing that could prevent this is to lock him up before it happened, not something we do in a free society. I guess the only unanswered question is did we have enough to put him away but failed to do so.

snip-

Jared Lee Loughner isn't your typical depressed-but-angry rampage shooter, seeking vengeance for a failed marriage, a lost job, or a life that just didn't turn out the way he had planned.

Chances are, he's a full-blown schizophrenic, someone whose thinking has become so delusional and disorganized that the world he perceives bears increasingly little resemblance to reality, according to experts.

As a result, there may be few or no answers to why the 22-year-old high-school dropout opened fire at a constituent event Saturday sponsored by Rep. Gabrielle Giffords in Tucson. The best response may be that Mr. Loughner simply wasn't in his right mind.

"My prediction is that as more information comes out, we're going to find out this young man truly has serious mental issues going on," said Michael Nuccitelli, a New York forensic psychologist who has conducted about 100 mental-health evaluations in criminal and civil cases. "He's got his own agenda, his own rationale, his own perceptions for why he did what he did."

While Mr. Loughner fits some of the characteristics of a rampage or spree killer, those shootings are triggered by a traumatic event in the shooter's life, usually being fired from a job or having a spouse leave. So far, that doesn't appear to be the case here.

Instead, the 22-year-old Tucson man appears to have more in common with, for example, Seung-hui Cho, the Virginia Tech shooter who killed 32 students and teachers in 2007. Cho, who killed himself immediately afterward, had a history of mental illness and no discernible motive for the massacre.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/jan/10/prediction-on-loughner-sees-a-man-with-serious-men/

Senior Contributor

I'm sure it's considered civilized violence

Advisor

LOL
Senior Contributor

For a country that sucks so bad, there sure are a lot of people wanting to get in and get a place at the teats.

Veteran Advisor

So good:

"On the other hand, guns and violence is beneficial to our youth. They need to know that guns are a god given right and the solution to most problems and disagreements is gun toting violence. Yes they make fun of diplomacy and trying to resolve difficult problems with negotiation. Naw lets diminish them and threaten them with our awesome might and they will capitulate and give us our way"

Did you see where the Sherriff said in an interview in regards to the inherent cynicism in our culture of violence that "maybe every child should have an Uzi in his crib."?

And I'm also wondering why the press is so deliberatly avoiding Columbine? Lots of talk about McVeigh and Ft.  Hood. Even Hinkley and Chapman, but I've not seen or heard a peep about those boys from Colorado.

Senior Contributor

@Canuck_2 wrote:

I have read a number of threads and posts about the Arizona shootings.

People seem to want to blame the 'other' political party and others for not locking this obviously disturbed person up.

I suggest, and I notice bruce is the only other post that seems to look at it this way, that the problem is a societal problem. I am reminded of Pogo "We have met the enemy and he is us"

There is lots of blame to go around but like good 'god fearing people' most posters seem to want to make excuses and blame someone else.

Look at your society. So many worship violence, revenge and punishment but never look at the reason for the problem.

I always remember the interview with a movie producer of a childrens show discussing having to deal with censors in Canada and the USA.

In Canada they asked him to remove some scenes with violence.

In the USA they asked him to cover the breasts of a mermaid.

I say shut up and fix your own dang country bud. I see stuff about your glorious Canada all the time.... Do I comment on it? No because I don't live there and would not understand what I was talking about. I rarely ever tell someone from the other side to shut up... But you are not on either side and your views mean nothing to those of us who live here.

Sorry, but someone had to say it.

Veteran Advisor

Yeah, especially with immigration rates dropping like a rock and repatriation soaring.

Maybe we could recruit some more of those Dutch and South Africans to buy up some of our distressed  dairy farms. There are Chinese food interests are looking to cut food import costs and one way that they are considering is the purchase of prime Mississippi River valley farm land.

Senior Contributor

Sorry, but someone had to say it.

No, you didn't! Little boys should be seen and not heard. You are out of line, this is a public forum. Personally I enjoy hearing what the people outside our country think. Maybe you should listen, but I know you can't because your side of the aisle, knows it all, and anyone who doesn't agree with you are Marxist, communists, or LIBERALS! Go smell a flower.

Senior Advisor

My goodness! You have more details of what motivated him than the law enforcement authorities. What ever you do, do not in any way tone down the political rhetoric. This country needs to be encouraged to use firearms for political purposes. 

Yep more firearms are the answer.  3020 has been deprived of his freedom. The poor lout can't do anything that he wants to anymore.