cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Re: Reasons and excuses

@greenhouse man wrote:

I say shut up and fix your own dang country bud. I see stuff about your glorious Canada all the time.... Do I comment on it? No because I don't live there and would not understand what I was talking about. I rarely ever tell someone from the other side to shut up... But you are not on either side and your views mean nothing to those of us who live here.

Sorry, but someone had to say it.

Sorry I upset you.

I on the other hand would enjoy hearing others opinions.

Guess you are solidy in the 'camp' that opposes your military taking your ideas and forcing them on other countries if you do not like people from other countries just voicing an opinion.

Did you join in the protests against the illegal wars? 

Senior Contributor

I don't see a need to debate assumptions and opinions based on lies. You have no Idea how truly complex our world is.

Senior Contributor

WOW! Your unconcious! What a load of horse sh*t! Stick to flowers, pal.

Senior Contributor

His one and only problem is he doesn't know what a Freedom is. I wish he'd explain it for the rest of us.

Veteran Advisor

Re: Need to debate

@greenhouse man wrote:

I don't see a need to debate assumptions and opinions based on lies. You have no Idea how truly complex our world is.

Well if you do not 'debate' these "assumptions and opinions based on lies" then how will I ever find out what the lies are? If you do not correct my assumptions then I will just have to continue to know they are correct. Only corrected things would be wrong.

You say "You have no Idea how truly complex our world is" but I think I have a much better idea of the complexities of the world than many posters on this site.

Again if you do not correct any of my understanding then they must be correct.

Show me my mistakes or they must be right.

Senior Contributor

"And I'm also wondering why the press is so deliberatly avoiding Columbine? Lots of talk about McVeigh and Ft.  Hood. Even Hinkley and Chapman, but I've not seen or heard a peep about those boys from Colorado."

My guess Bruce is that the two political sides have a harder time placing blame on the other side in that particular shooting. 

Senior Contributor

@dagwud wrote:

"And I'm also wondering why the press is so deliberatly avoiding Columbine? Lots of talk about McVeigh and Ft.  Hood. Even Hinkley and Chapman, but I've not seen or heard a peep about those boys from Colorado."

My guess Bruce is that the two political sides have a harder time placing blame on the other side in that particular shooting. 

Dag, there are not two political sides trying to place the blame for this shooting on each other. The Democrats are trying to put the blame on Sarah Palin and the tea party movement. They can not debate facts so they stooped to this level. Most disgusting thing I have seen in politics.....since the last highly publicised shooting. It is page 3 of their worn out play book, right after the section  explaining all of the different ways to play the race card.

Veteran Advisor

What?

I've been here over a decade now and alot of people have come and gone, and some even to resurface after leaving with new handles and in my recollection there hasn't been anyone who comes close to Canuck 2 in terms of  "understading the complexities" of things.

Now if you are saying, in effect, that there is some codified insides scoop on "the way things really are" and he's not responding as you'd wish he would, that he just "doesn't get it" when he doesn't show that he can be influenced by some ultra-exclusive common sense, street wisdom that blue collar conservatives are absolutley convinced that they have the corner on......it is because he is smart enough not to need that sort of mental masturbation and self delusion. Wont let dogma and prejudice in.

I've seen just about everybody who ever spent much time here bite on something and have to talk it back. Almost every one of us , that is, except for him.

Veteran Advisor

What you may be failing to recognize 30 is that one of the more valuable pieces of political instinct that has worked for at least 100 years for those fighting the forces of the far right in the U.S. in the lightening up on the reel drag. Just ever so little, in good sized gaps.

I had no idea whatsoever if there was anybody left in those places that are NOT the goofball whacko thumper right who knew anyting about fishing. But it appears there just may.  I must have fallen for the old all liberals are sissies and momma's boys thing. Or maybe it 's all of the dykes..maybe they're doing the man work.

I've felt that the former half term Governor of Alaska was really good at knowing how much to say...of how far to go and not get pinned back...even quite often making her detractors look silly and petty. But this "blood libel" thing is going snap more than just a head or two back. It was said for the benefit of the most  basal of her supporters. For people not much different on the way out there thumper meter than the Rev. Phelps and his litter of pups who have just been legislated out of the travelling hellfire and brimstone business, at least for a day, in Arizona.

Maybe she felt she was losing purchase with the far right and needed to shore it up. Beats me.

Senior Contributor

@bruce MN wrote:

What you may be failing to recognize 30 is that one of the more valuable pieces of political instinct that has worked for at least 100 years for those fighting the forces of the far right in the U.S. in the lightening up on the reel drag. Just ever so little, in good sized gaps.

I had no idea whatsoever if there was anybody left in those places that are NOT the goofball whacko thumper right who knew anyting about fishing. But it appears there just may.  I must have fallen for the old all liberals are sissies and momma's boys thing. Or maybe it 's all of the dykes..maybe they're doing the man work.

I've felt that the former half term Governor of Alaska was really good at knowing how much to say...of how far to go and not get pinned back...even quite often making her detractors look silly and petty. But this "blood libel" thing is going snap more than just a head or two back. It was said for the benefit of the most  basal of her supporters. For people not much different on the way out there thumper meter than the Rev. Phelps and his litter of pups who have just been legislated out of the travelling hellfire and brimstone business, at least for a day, in Arizona.

Maybe she felt she was losing purchase with the far right and needed to shore it up. Beats me.

So it isn't what she said before the shooting, it is what she said after the shooting and the faces of the leftist wingnuts dumrats put the blame of the shoot squarely on her shoulders. THAT'S what has you worked up today. Either that or the thumping baggers, with you one never real knows.