cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

Recent reports of "dirty" Harry's demise...

...may have been exaggerated:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/03/harry-reid-leads-in-nevad_n_599204.html

Looks like he could be going to go toe to toe with the great bagger hope.

8 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: Recent reports of "dirty" Harry's demise...

Hey Bruce, it`s not too surprising Reid brings home the bacon for his state. People will put up with a crook if it puts money in their pockets. We have a -bleeper- in Iowa that goes by the name " Senator Tom Harkin", can`t get rid of the mother -bleeper-  Smiley Mad

Advisor

Not a big Harry fan...don't think he is particularily good for my party in a leadership position but those spots are too often based on gold watch factors...time served, loyalty to particular narrow caucuses etc..

I put it up here more or less out of astonishment...how someone who seems so vulnerable can be running that strong if the polling is anywhere near to accurate. Lots of room for margin of error in those numbers. Just thinking that this is crazy in light of what one would think the political climate as being.

I'd have preferred the Nev Democrats coming up with a better candidate, but it may be that they didn't need to. If and when he does win I can't beleive that he'll not step down as party floor leader. But who knows.

Senior Advisor

Re: You can't get rid of Harkin

because you don't hold a majority opinion. I feel exactly the same way about Grassley. Unfortunately a majority  of iowans don't agree. I do like your descript terminology. I suspect it is appropriate to use that term for eother U.S. senator from Iowa

Senior Advisor

Yes and his poll numbers are inspite of the horrific onslaught by the right. The negative campaign against Reid and Pelosi has been historical in nature by right wing media and senatorial opposition. Perhaps Nevadans are smarter than that.

Admittedly I would prefer a more charismatic majority leader in the senate. Where is Ted Kennedy when you need him?

Advisor

Maria Cantwell, Amy Kobuchar, Clair McCaskgill.....shoulda, coulda been Hillary Clinton but she's off doing stuff that would have made Tom Jefferson,  Daniel Webster, William Seward, William Jennings Bryan or George Marshall proud.

Senior Contributor

Ted Kennedy is right where he needs to be.

Veteran Advisor

It is not for us humans to judge...we can guess where Ted Kennedy is , though. I would guess that Joe, Sr. John, Bobby and Teddy are all in the same place, based on the way they conducted their lives.

Senior Contributor

I wasn't judging where he might have ended up.  I'm just glad he isn't in a position of power any more.