cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Recess Appointments/Mortgage forgiveness

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2829107/posts  Heard this on Rush today.  0dumbsky is going to write down mortgages and there ain`t a God damned thing we can do about it.  Just like writing off farm debt in the 80`s.   This is buying votes crooked Chicago style, no wonder GTO is so sure 0dumbsky will be relected.

15 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Recess Appointments/Mortgage forgiveness

Man presidents have done recess appointments. Clinton Dubya and others. Teddy Roosevelt was most notable at the time and the congress was not happy about it and they took it to the supreme court. The supremes rejected the suit based on the notion that the senate is hardly in session if there are not enough senators to call for a quorum.

Google recess appointments and it will open the topic for you.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Oh, I supose if those former Presidents jumped off a cliff then it would be okay for 0bama as well?  Why is it they always, never fails pull crap like that that they could never get through in legitimate channels?  Just because you CAN do something doesn`t mean that you should. Wasn`t 0bama`s administration going to the most open and above board ever, what happened to that?   Just like the way DADT was repealed.  DON`T any of you Conservatives tell me that "if Ron Paul doesn`t win, 0bama might as well get a second term" there are many examples of dirt that a rogue President can do to the country.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

What we might as well do is cancel the congressional elections, their power is gone. Obama says he has to act because the congress will not. The dumrat controlled senate has not passed a budget for 3 years.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

nice little chart going back to Reagan on who had the most

It does not appear Obama is even close to the previous three presidents. So if you think they are all wrong for using recesses appointments then fine but Obama is at the bottom of the list and Reagan is at the Top. 

http://motherjones.com/mojo/2012/01/chart-day-presidential-recess-appointments

There is also a report that the senate put out in Dec 2011 on the matter

Highlighted
Advisor

Might be that he's determined that the risks aren't all that high.  Or even, possibly ,that he has nothing all that much to lose.

http://prospect.org/article/earning-their-hatred

Many of our younger aquaintences seem to think there is some quote or other quote from Seinfeld that covers anything that comes up.   I tend to think that there is most often one from Lonesom Dove.  (gotta read it again this winter...if we ever get winter, that is.) 

Like Capt. Call said to Gus McCrea after they found evidence of an ambush by horse thieves  "This is a bad bunch we're after."

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

This is the Bill Ayers, Frank Marshall Davis influences in his life coming through. Ayers wanted to over throw the government from the inside. Davis was a full fledged communist.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: nice little chart going back to Reagan on who had the most

Hey Gerde, what Mother Jones fails to point out is the magnitude (cost) of those recess appointments, okay W Bush had 170 and so for 0bama has had only a teensy-weensy, palty 28 recess apointments...but this mortgage forgiveness scheme 0bama has going is gonna cost over $120 billion.  So, who`s gonna grab their ankles on this? The banks? No, I`ll tell you who is gonna get the DB-Super Lube and grab their ankles it`s US Taxpayers..that`s who`s gonna grab their ankles, just so 0bama can buy 40 million votes...excuse me while I go out back and puke my guts out!  

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

puke away

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: nice little chart going back to Reagan on who had the most

At least you will know what the rest of have already known. What your spewing looks like or sounds like.