Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advisor

Reflections of a prominent movement conservative

28 Replies
Highlighted
Advisor

41 views...as of 12:22 CST

Did anybody read it all the way through?

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: 41 views...as of 12:22 CST

I just read it all the way through. Great article. You will note that the article is basically saying republicans are deaf to the truth as he sees it - hence no comments here. There were many, many great quotes in that baby! I wonder if the Republicans will ever realize what has happened to them and how they are trapped in a Fox trance of political unsustainability? Funny part is that if Republicans would listen to guys like this, they could probably wind up enacting they type of goals they want in the first place on a Reagan like level.

Thanks  - Knapper

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

When I first started reading the article, I thought I was reading a resume.  By the time I finished reading the article, all I could think of was wow this guy's arm must get very sore.  After pondering it a while, I've concluded he's simply trying to drum up business for poor book sales in the past.  It wouldn't have mattered who McCain chose for VP because he didn't stand a chance from the start.  It wouldn't have mattered how Romney ran his campaign because he was destined to lose.  Rich candidates across the country basically got crucified in the elections.  For all those failed policies Bush Jr. enacted mentioned in the article, Obama wants to see them continued for the vast majority of the country.     

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@GoredHusker wrote:

When I first started reading the article, I thought I was reading a resume.  By the time I finished reading the article, all I could think of was wow this guy's arm must get very sore.  After pondering it a while, I've concluded he's simply trying to drum up business for poor book sales in the past.  It wouldn't have mattered who McCain chose for VP because he didn't stand a chance from the start.  It wouldn't have mattered how Romney ran his campaign because he was destined to lose.  Rich candidates across the country basically got crucified in the elections.  For all those failed policies Bush Jr. enacted mentioned in the article, Obama wants to see them continued for the vast majority of the country.     

No just continued, expanded. In the case of prescription drugs, expanded dramatically to include all of health care. The people clearly voted for the people they viewed as giving them the most. If the repigs want to compete have have to out give the dems.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Good link Bruce

But we can be assured that those that could learn from it won't.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: Reflections of a prominent movement conservative

I think liberals are "helping" to diagnose "what the Repubilcans did wrong in the election"  in an attempt to shove them further left, which will give Democrats license to move even further still to the left.  I have asked many times on here "well, what Republican candidate should we have run that would`ve won against 0bama?", no one will give a straight answer, it`s always the Republicans have moved too far to the right".  Republicans have not moved "too far to the right"..Republicans have NOT moved at all, the fact is we could`ve ran Bill Clinton against 0bama and 0bama still would`ve won. Bush #43 won re election because all those milfy soccer moms were scared too death of the Moslem terrorists blowing up their 2004 Yukon suv and Bush would protect them better than John Kerry.  Basically fear of terrorism got Bush re elected, Bush kind of created the problem and benefited from the solution of that self imposed problem.  0bama crashed the economy, lost everyone`s jobs and put them on the dole..he created that problem and he got re elected by spreading irrational fear that Romney will "throw grandma over the cliff in her wheelchair, take away whore`s free birth control and abortions, the milfy soccer moms in their 2012 GMC Acadias got their Katie Perry blasting on their I-Pods trying to keep up with the Kardashians wanted to look hip as someone that is 2 decades younger than them supported 0bama.  0bama created a mess and got re elected over the "austerity fear" that it caused.  Here`s the irony, 0bama will have to preside over unpresidented austerity, because his smoke and mirrors and national debt ain`t got much more in it. 

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Maybe it would be better to let the republicans be republicans, and let them go their own way, and get a replacement party, which is not beholden to the powers that be. This, however will require voter support from the ground up, as the puppeteers currently running things, will not roll over and let power be wrested from them, without a fight.
Highlighted
Advisor

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Reflections of a prominent movement conservative

I read about halfway thru........blah blah blah.......its 2AM.......

That said........this guy is a poor me, no one listens to me pile of pooh........hell he comes out and says it in the front half........they didn't read my article, so now I'm pissed and they are close minded.........at that point its now a whatever article.........

O yeah and what BA Deere said........

Left wing empty tin cans will have to lay in the bed they made.......and that day is coming soon........while the rest of us hunker down and watch the entitlement crowd fight over the last morsel of bobblehead candy..........

As I have stated many times over.........you can try to redistribute the wealth all you want........but unless you truely go after it in an unconstitutional way and steal it..........its never going to happen, you will drive a wedge between those that live off the tax payer and those that pay taxes........you have to cut spending.........or all bets are off.........most successful and high income earners got there for two reasons........some luck.........and........the ability to adapt and capitalize.........don't think for a minute that they will not adapt and capitalize in the current administration.........among other reasons, why the hell do you think land prices are going up.........which FYI, IMO, get your ducks in a row if you own land........cause its the next target of bobblehead, maybe not his admin, but if we keep on the bobblehead theme for many more admins..........its coming........mark my words, I tried to warn krafty about this.........so don't blame me when they come after land and ag to find more blood in the turnip.......

Anyone ever study what happened to ag in russia and ukraine.......past and present........

So that begs the question.........then what......